Advanced Anti Keylogger

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by rerun2, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

I recently did a full system scan with TDS and a program called Advanced Anti-Keylogger has been identified as a possible keylogger. I have not installed this program but keep it archived. Ive actually had this file archived for quite a long time but never noticed this alert previously. Since I have never used or really cared to use AAK, I am planning to delete the archive anyways ;)

This is the alert that TDS gave.

Alarm: Positive identification <Adv> (in archive)

Name: Possible Keylogger

File: setup.exe

I think this is the site of the file http://www.anti-keylogger.net/advanced_anti_keylogger.html

The free download is what I have archived.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi rerun2
    New signatures are added each day, so there might be code in the program similair to one of suspicious kind which was recently added. Please be so kind as to get that exe out of the zip, zip it and submit to DCS submit@diamondcs.com.au so the database can be refined.
    Most probably the file is ok, but better be very sure.

3. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

id be very interested to find out what the case is w thje AAK i am going to wait and see what u nice folk at DCS say lol ... best plan . have a nice time cheers :)

4. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

sorry ... me again just droppin' in :D
    TDS picked up a few visual basic scripts of ppl's but all were fine the heading "'suspioucs filename"" generic detection came up . but again all scripts seemed ok . bye

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Was it suspicious file names with double extensions in the name maybe? file.1.2.vbs would trigger that.
    If there is another reason you might like to submit them to the TDS lab. submit@diamondcs.com.au

6. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

ok , ok i couldnt wait lol i downloaded the AAK , not scanned yet tho o_O . and yes Jooske it did read "'double extension" , as i do not know what that is in VB Coding i assumed it was ok ... bad move ? .
    anyway lets not sidetrack lol . thx for the url rerun :D

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I ever had that AAK but had to remove it from my system causing it to crash and run terrible with it installed i remember now. Did like the concept and an extra layer in protection, but not what it effected here.

8. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

hi pazuzu,
    You might want to turn that detection off in TDS.
    Dolf

Attached Files:

9. RS

RS Guest

I actually am a programmer, and have developed my own Anti-keylogger software...of course it doesn't compete with the mighty TDS...but I have had the same trouble with TDS detecting my anti-keyloggger programs as a positive ID - Keylogger...My code is clean however, and does not monitor any keystrokes. I wonder if this is because the program contains names & locations of actual keyloggers? I would like to sell this software in the future, it would be good to know some advice to give any TDS owners who may contact me about this detection. Thanks.

10. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes, TDS is alarmed by many things that keyloggers do and have references to. You are best advised to mention your program is not a keylogger up front and that heuristic detection in TDS is just that, a heuristic which has sensitivities.

And send us a copy too if you want us to look at it, we may well remove your program from detection anyway, this has been done for a few programs recently :) New versions can be sent to us as well if they are detected, depending on how much you expand the program.

11. RS

RS Guest

Thanks alot Gavin...I have contacted you in the past..always lighting fast responses!... :D....The force must really be with you there Mr. Skywalker!... :D...Thanks for your offer of removing my software from detection...I will send it to you for your review once it is fully completed. Your help as always much appreciated!... :) ...JP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.