Advance Domain problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FusionMicro, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FusionMicro

FusionMicro Registered Member

We have ATI 9.1 Ent Server build 3854 w/ Universal Restore, running on a Win Server 2003 Standard. Active directory, DHCP, PXE, and Acronis snap deploy build 2064 are all running. We use PXE to attach to snap deploy and selecting ATI 9.1 w/ UR to boot up a target PC. (This setup is GOLD :D )

On this target PC we access the "image" folder on the server. This folder we have given Full Control rights to guest and everyone. This is where we have the problem, with an unsecured network share will still need to enter a username and pass to access the domain.

I am curious if anyone else has tried a similar setup and got it to work w/o a Uname/Pass. Or can snap deploy provide credentials to ATI 9.1 to grant access to the domain. I know entering a Uname/Pass is not diffcult; however any chance I get to save time is worth it.

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

3. FusionMicro

FusionMicro Registered Member

Volker,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the article and it was for server 2000, but I do know some things remained the same in server 2003. So I followed the registry edits, with no luck.
    I really thought you had the answer; I’m going to keep on it.

Here is an interesting twist. Since the NULLSESSIONSHARES didn't seem to work I doubled checked my share name. It is image. We attempted to access w/o Uname/Pass it failed so after entering the admin credentials I checked the open files in computer management and saw that the 'guest' user has access. Not the admin whose credentials were entered. I'm going to disable the guest again and see what happens.

Luck is hopefully on my side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.