adshield adwatch troubles

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bethrezen, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

i tried posting this on the adaware forum but haven't gotten a reply so i though as the support here is decidedly better ill try here instead

ok i have adwatch set to max security and i have auto blocking off how ever when adwatch is on i cant use adshield because every time i hit the add to block list button adwatch auto closes the lil box that normally pops up and id like to know how i can get the 2 to work in tandem

i cant add adshield to my filter list as i don't get that lil pop up message asking if i would like to allow the process even though i have auto block turned off what is going on wrong what have i done wrong or is this a bug in the program how can i ad ad shield to my allow process list

help

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I do not currently have a copy of Ad-Watch, however I'll suggest the following to start (and we can go from there):

Can you uncheck this option on the Ad-Watch Tweaks screen:
    -Block Popups and banned Sites (you probably won't want this anyway if you have AdShield)

And then, check if you can access AdShield. :)

If you are still encountering the problem, try disabling these other two options:
    -Block IE save operations
    -Block ActiveX installations

If you disable all three of those items, and Ad-Watch still closes the AdShield box, please post, but I'm going to guess it is a conflict with one of those Ad-Watch features.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Ghostcat

Ghostcat Registered Member

4. pin

pin Registered Member

lavasoft has recreated this issue and is working on a patch for it i think.. they know about it.

5. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

thanks for ya replys indeed it is a problem with one of them options I'm not sure which as i just turned em all off but that seamed to fix the trouble if lava soft is working on it i think ill just disable adwatch for now

lavasoft has recreated this issue and is working on a patch for it i think.. they know about it.

if so i which they would have the decency to reply and tell me that they are aware of the prob and are working on it

update

above is not the only trouble i have experienced with adwatch as i was made aware of to day if you don't have security warning message turned off in ie then it stops pages from loading

an example of this is when i tried to get to my on line banking when i get the lil warning box telling me i was about to switch to a secure server adwatch also closed it automatically even though i had auto blocking turned off which prevented the page from loading how ever when i hit do not display this message again and reloaded the page it loaded ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.