Ads By Google Rant

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by noway, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noway

noway Registered Member

Often lately I click on a top-ranked Google search result and am led to a site, usually looking like a blog, with a whole page of semi-useless information. Since I normally block ads with Proxomitron, I don't normally see very many. Lately I've tried bypassing Proxomitron when I find a useless site and they seem to have something in common: Ads By Google. I guess these are the sites we've been hearing about where people work at home and Google sends them a cheque every month depending on how many clicks they geto_O Well I think Google, who rose to the top by having a search engine that provided relevant results, is going to shoot themselves in the foot with this. I want relevant results not some silly blog created with the help of Google in order to provide click revenue for its owner.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

3. box750

box750 Registered Member

I am all against Google because of their lack of privacy in their products and other stuff, but your rant seems to be not about privacy or something else but about their ads in the search engine, which IMO are clearly labelled as such.

I for once side with Google on this one, they provide a service man, they have to pay their staff, servers, etc... And the ads pay for that, you are not even forced to click on them.

And all of the alternatives given above (except by Scroogle) also use ads. Without ads you would have no search engine or would have to pay to use it, it is that simple.

People don't usually work for free, some do but those projects normally are not reliable, get dropped whenever they feel like it and lack discipline, after all it normally is just a hobby more than a serious business.

Google can rot in Hell over many things, but showing ads on their search results it is not one of them.

Here you have my rant against your rant.

4. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

OptimizeGoogle ;)

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.