Adobe Reader - how open pdf inside 64 bit browser

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Ocky, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

[Solved]Adobe Reader - how open pdf inside 64 bit browser

In Scientific Linux ( CentOS, Fedora 12 etc.) 64 bit OS I used yumex to install Adobe Reader. It downloaded and installed both the 9.4.2 (enu) AND the 8.17 (esp) i486 versions.
    Required I suppose for some 32 bit libraries. The nspluginwrapper (only x86) is installed.
    Xulrunner is also 64 bit.

Firefox sees the plugin /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins but only opens the pdf on it's own i.e. not in the browser. Opera sees it but doesn't open it at all (I use evince now for Opera in SL6).

I deleted the Adobe Reader 8 that was downloaded and installed together with 9 from the /opt installation folder. Don't know whether I should have done this, but I have no need for a Spanish version.

Anyway is there some method by which I could get the Adobe Reader to open pdf files inside the Firefox browser ?

EDIT: Solved. All I had to do is also install the i686 version of nspluginwrapper and reinstall the Reader. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.