Adobe Flash Player Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Secunia

Adobe

Microsoft

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thanks Ronjor!

This is an important update even for people who disable JavaScript. They could be vulnerable to future exploits that will use this weakness.
    Even people running Firefox with NoScript would be vulnerable because by default NoScript does not block flash.

Quick way to see if you are vulnerable:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
    If it shows anything less than 9.0.16.0 (on Windows) you should update.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have been experencing unexplained weirdness, nothing major. Just flashes of light and my Desktop display settings changing to a weird tint, like it was lit by a orange light and the color had gone out of the icons. The Icons looked dark and dull, but the color was still there...just strange. Its back to normal now. I updated the Flash player, when I right click on the .exe on my desktop and pullup properties to get the version. I get 9.0.16.0, but when I go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ to test the instillation I get You have version 8,0,22,0 installed. Strange, I uninstalled and reinstalled. With the same result :doubt: and this is specific to Opera 9.02

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Microsoft Security Advisory (925143) Adobe Security Bulletin: APSB06-11 Flash Player

Microsoft is aware of recent security vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash Player from Adobe - version 8.0.24.0 and earlier - a third party software application that also was redistributed with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. The Microsoft Security Response Center is in communication with Adobe and is aware that Adobe has made updates that are available on their Web site.

Microsoft encourages customers who use Flash Player to follow the guidance documented in Adobe’s Security Bulletin. The Adobe Security Bulletin describes the vulnerabilities and provides the download locations so that you can install the appropriate update based on the version of Flash Player you are using.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/925143.mspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.