Adobe Flash - ESET Threat Blog "The Spy in Your Computer"

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by FanJ, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

mms.cfg.

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

ok thanks. Should I just use Randys config or should I try out yours?

And the mms.cfg goes in the system32 macromed flash folder correct?

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Well, this is what he suggested:
    #mms.cfg file to be placed in \System32\Macromed\Flash

So yes, it will go in the Flash folder.

Which config you choose depends on what you want or not. Can't possibly say more than that. The features that are allowed or disallowed are explained quite clearly except for a couple that has fsr and me puzzled!

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

ok thx man

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

If you use the Better Privacy Firefox add on and then go to the Adobe Settings Manger it won't work, because when you either start or exit Firefox Better Privacy is going to delete the SOL that has made these settings for you and when you go back to Adobe's site you'll see they are all back to the default settings....

So I'd like to to know what the solution here is?

Seems like something isn't right here, is Better Privacy helping or hurting?

From what I am getting out of this adjusting the Global Storage Settings panel to none 0KB and checking never ask again and un-checking the bottom two is stopping some of these from being stored and if so having Better Privacy kill this seems like it's defeating a purpose here?

THANKS

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

If you uncheck Also delete standard settings.sol cookie in Better Privacy then the settings are kept. Then it only deletes storage/flashcookies set by sites. However the settings.sol cookie keeps a list of every site with flash you visit whether it uses flash cookies or not, that's why it's deleted by default. You can use the flash settings manager and config file to forbid storage and other things but it breaks some content. That's why Better Privacy is so nice, everything is allowed but deleted later so they can't use it to track you.
    If you want to do it the other way with the settings panel etc, i think there is a way mentioned in this topic to make the settings.sol read-only after choosing the settings you want to make sure it can't be altered and a list of your visited websites is not saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.