Adobe Acrobat mru?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by jay, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay

jay Guest

Hi,

MRU-Blaster is great!!

Can you please add the capability to clean Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader's mru? Thanks!

Jay

2. Jay

Jay Guest

MRU-Blaster cleans Adobe Acrobat Reader's MRU, but not Adobe Acrobat's MRU.

Thanks!!

3. Whatever

Whatever Guest

Hmm, which MRU are you refering to exactly?
    I'm a little confused, I know adobe offers "more than just the reader"
    ?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I believe Jay is referring to the Adobe Acrobat MRUs.

Adobe Acrobat is the commercial product that allows the creation of PDF files. The Reader is a freeware product that just allows everyone to view them.

Unfortunately, I'd need someone with Adobe Acrobat to tell me where the MRUs are located in their registry (as I certainly don't have the money to buy the full version, and there doesn't seem to be a good trial).

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Jay

Jay Guest

Hi,

Here is the Adobe Acrobat reg keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ADOBE\Adobe Acrobat\5.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\5.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles]

The first is the full Acrobat product. The second is just the reader. These 2 keys can be deleted by MRU-Blaster as Acrobat will recreate them everytime a file is opened. Thanks!!

Jay

6. jamie

jamie Guest

If I zipped the Adobe5 program that I have and sent it to you -- would that help? o_O

I use Adobe all the time almost everyday for my research projects - I have not been able to find the 'manuel' config to keep the darn program from keeping all the MRUs -- it really totals up after a while. :(

7. Philidor

Philidor Registered Member

Version 6 of Acrobat/Reader is out, and the version number seems to be recorded in the registry entry text.

I hope this doesn't make your job more difficult, Javacool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.