Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

@Lucius Thank you for assisting hayc59 with the startup details with /nosplash info.

@hayc59 Sorry about that, I had intended to follow up on that question a few days earlier. My apologies.

Just to clarify what you are intending here: You want to run Adguard manually, with no auto-startup and meaning no splash, no tray icon and no GUI at startup of Windows. So essentially just running Adguard on-demand. Is that correct?

If that is the case, I assume you are running Adguard on-demand by clicking on the Adguard shortcut on the desktop. What I was referring to was simply adding that /nosplash flag to the desktop shortcut if that is how you are starting it manually.

• If there is no Adguard shortcut on desktop, use Explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adguard and right-click on Adguard.exe, choose Create shortcut and it will suggest creating that shortcut on the desktop which is exactly what we want here, I assume.
    • Now, right-click on your newly created Adguard shortcut on the desktop, choose Properties. The Target box should show exactly as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adguard\Adguard.exe".
    • What we want to do here is add the /nosplash flag. So, your Target box should now show exactly as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adguard\Adguard.exe" /nosplash. With the /nosplash flag being outside of the quotes and separated by a single space.
    Please let me know if I have misunderstood and you are intending something different, and I'll be happy to try and help either way.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Wild..that is close but not..I fire pc up in the morning and only have Outpost Suite and Webroot running
    When I want to hit the web I fire up Adguard and dont like all the stuff that goes with it..
    splash screen (giant Letter A) and than right after that is the GUI pop up that sits there until I hit the exit X at top right!
    thats what I want stopped! :)
    I do not need anything else..can yous guys in the future fix this? or will the added edit to reg do this for now?

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I am running latest BETA
    and i really appreciate the help

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

these are the two I am talking about

Attached Files:

• ad2.jpg
      ad2.jpg
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
    • apg..jpg
      apg..jpg
      File size:
      17.3 KB
      Views:
  5. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

When you say "When I want to hit the web I fire up Adguard", I assume you mean you are starting Adguard from a shortcut of some sort. But anyway, my steps in post 1251 (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/adguard-ad-blocker.342850/page-51#post-2527292) do exactly as you are suggesting. I just tested it to confirm, the GUI and splash screen no longer show. But we can wait and see if the developers can add some sort of option as well to make that step easier. I think that the reason the developers don't have that option at the moment is because they assume most users would have Adguard running at startup with Windows, which in that case the registry key with /nosplash also hides the GUI and splash. But adding that /nosplash to shortcut and starting Adguard manually also works well as I had just tested, same result as registry method.

6. avatar

Hi all! Sorry for the huge delay, i am on vacations until the next week so I can be online only periodically.

7. avatar

8. avatar

As I understand the cause is that when you shut down AG all active network connections are closed (and this is Viber's reaction).

9. avatar

Yep, that's why we do not print devices count in V6:)

10. avatar

With all these news from Apple we will have two different IOS apps.

1. One will be ready soon (first part of October) and it will be a content blocker for Safari. We are working on it right now (and shame on me that we've missed the deadline and didn't release it along with IOS9). This version will have 64bit restriction, there's no way to avoid.
    2. Second will be ready later and it will be a VPN with filtering capabilities able to block ads in apps too. The second one will not have this restriction.

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Be sure to release it as soon as possible. Blockers are on the rise since release of iOS 9, almost everyday there is new one, just to name a few, Crystal, Peace, Purify, Vivio, BLKR and others. You need to catch up the trend.
    This one is definitely something what will overshadow the content blockers. Great!

12. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK but the source of problem is in AG , not in Viber. So something needs to be changed in AG.

13. avatar

We will look into it but I can't yet promise that we could change the situation. Closing net connections may be essential for proper shut down, I need to consult with driver dev first.

14. avatar

Of course we need to do it. Also I think that this huge ad blockers number is temporary.

15. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I tried to disable all filters including users and it didn't help so I whitelisted the whole webpage (@@||photos.google.com$document) and it resolved this issue.

16. Alex302

Alex302 Registered Member

Can you check with disabled all Adguard extensions, filters and @@||photos.google.com$document?

17. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It works then.

18. Alex302

Please enable extensions one by one with checking. I think one of them make problems.

19. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Entry *.ico* made the problem. I had disabled all my custom rules one by one but omitted to disable this one. Sorry. Resolved. :)

20. Alex302

Thats good:)

21. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Is it possible to turn the sound off for alerts. Can't see anything in the settings. Really shocked me when it went off this morning - can't take many more of those :(

22. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Settings - Browsing Security and uncheck Enable Sound Notification. Better search next time :)

23. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - I looked at that page and did not see it!

"There are none to blind as those that cannot see"

24. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

@avatar, when editing a .htm file using the HTML Editor in cPanel's File Manager, should the Adguard extension be injecting code into that file? I have seen some examples where this appears to be happening. It makes the files larger and, in some cases, produces a blank page for visitors to see. One shouldn't have to disable the extension when doing this sort of work.

25. avatar

@TonyW, it should until we fix this in our filters.

Could you please post the page address of the cpanel you use?
    We'll add an exception rule for this address so that AG code won't be injected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.