Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks. Does it mean that issue has been resolved generally or just for this particular website?

2. avatar

Resolved for that particular ad network. There're plenty of such ad networks though.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK, don't you want to compile another filter which will block these annoying network scripts? Or is there any such filter under EasyList or Others sections I could enable to block these kinds of scripts?

4. avatar

These ad networks should be blocked by our filters. We just didn't know about that one until you've reported it.

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK, if I encounter another script I'll report it.

6. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I have AFW on all my browsers including Maxthon. Adblock plus in Max blocked 6 ads on my Yahoo home Page even though i am using AFWindows. That was quite a surprise after updating to the last version of Max with ADP.

7. ShakedBenratzon

ShakedBenratzon Registered Member

Sorry but I uninstall AdGuard until you will fix the slow down problem everything was good until few days ago slowdown problems started to happen

first I thought it was my internet provider but after few test I found it was AdGuard.

Pages took like 2-3 min to load and sometimes they did not full load
    Moreover AdGuard was close all the time but still when I go for example Winbeta.Org I saw in the bottom (Google chrome) where you see in the left corner all the items that the page loud "waiting injection adguard something like this not sure what it said exactly

Anyway I uninstall AdGuard and the problems solved so I do not know what happen but I can not use AdGuard right now

also checked in internet explorer and the slowdown were there too

I use only the default setting and no extra filers or anything like it

and like I said the slowdowns happened even when adguard was close for 2 days with not start up load

if there anything I can provide to solve this proble m let me know

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I uninstalled it as well. Slowdowns, issues with page loads, some page breaking, etc.

My wife said "What did you do to my system? It runs bad now." when in reality all I did was switch her to Adguard.. :blink: So for now, I think I will be waiting for version 6.

9. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Meanwhile you can try it's Chrome, Firefox or Opera extension. It is very light and efficient as Adguard for windows.

10. umue

umue Registered Member

Also the same problem, AFW does not work correctly - meanwhile the Adguard Side is down - is there any "official" information what happened?

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

This site http://adguard.com/en/welcome.html doesn't work for you? No problem on my side.

12. j9ksf

j9ksf Registered Member

Adguard is up for me.

13. umue

umue Registered Member

No - I have tried it a few seconds ago -

14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Then it has to be something on your side but you can write a PM to @avatar to check it.

15. umue

umue Registered Member

Though I am an owner of 4 Lifetime Licences I have lost the trust in Adguard for the moment - from Germany the Adguard side in not reachable and the AFW Version does not funktion properly.

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I changed from the Firefox Adguard extension to uBlock and sites load 2-4 sec faster with uBlock in general. Sure Adguard was very effecitve and did what it should, but it surely wasn't fast. I really didn't think the difference in speed would be as big as it is between the two extensions. At first I accepted that sites loaded slower with Adguard but it became to annoying so I ended up browsing around with it disabled before I looked for an replacement. I might try it out in the future again.

17. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I tried ublock but reverted soon to adguard. Doesn't like gui, missing malware and phising protection, not so handy when blocking manually ads. I have very fast machine so didn't recognise any speed difference.

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

All of my machines are fast except for 2 out of the 12, and we notice Adguard drag on all of them. Also some page load issues , and a few other little annoying things. uBlock w/default is enough when stacked with Norton 2015, and Untangle's Protections. Hopefully v6 will be great!

19. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I concede that Adguard for Windows might be slower than ublock but the adguard extension is on par with ublock, at least on my machine. Furthermore adguard covers all OS (except iOS but development is under progress) so I use it also with success on my Android device.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  20. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

I guess it may not be much of a difference in speed, but i guess it is at the cost of efficiency i believe:) , (if it is as per ur primary laptop per your signature). But i for myself, i use it also as script and image blocker too :)

21. avatar

Could you please PM me some details about this? We use cloudflare CDN so normally all our servers should be reachable from anywhere.

22. umue

umue Registered Member

Hello,

by Wednesday Morning on (GMT) I could not reach any of the Adguard Sites. My Internet Provider is one of the major cable TV providers in Germany. Since last night the problem occurs no longer.
    It worried me that at the same time there are massive performance problems by the Adguard for Windows premium Version on my Windows 8.1. So I have to uninstall it.

P.S. Please, excuse my english

23. avatar

Hm, thank you for the information. Have you tried restarting AG service or rebooting computer before uninstalling it? AG performance does not depend on our servers availability, so I guess it is coincidence.

24. umue

umue Registered Member

Yes, I rebootet my PC, even so: "shutdown.exe /r /t 0", but I noticed Adguard working with the Message "waiting injection adguard..."

My Browser: Chrome and Firefox

25. avatar

Now I see what is the problem. injection.adguard.com is a fake domain we use for filtering purposes but it should be at least available. It seems that we are wrong in our faith in cloudflare availability. Thank you very much for reporting this, it will be fixed in the next release.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.