Additional Eset Smart Security features?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Does anyone know if Eset Smart Security will be adding any additional features soon like HIPS, AE, BB, Cloud / community AV AS, sandboxing, or any other features that have been recommended on this forum? If so then how soon?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

you think you need anymore security? is that sig for real?:blink:

3. Cutting_Edgetech

I have 4 Desktops, and a laptop at home. There not all being used on the same computer Lol

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Cutting_Edgetech,

I will do my best to get some information regarding your question. As for now, I do not know if any of the mentioned things are being worked on for a future version.

Thank you,
    Richard

6. Cutting_Edgetech

If their not presently working on any of the features i've listed then ESS is going to become a dinosaurs before long. I hope that's not the case. Theirs also a few things that could be done to improve the firewall like being able to add blocklist. It would be nice to be able to alphabetize the applications in the firewall, and to have a nice tab layout. I also wish their was a built in feature for sending malware samples. I hope their working on some of these. :doubt:

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I think they need another v2, something unique again. And if v4 got on with my home hub router i would have it installed right now.
    I will always use the lightest and most stable package I can find, pc is backed up to external, I have never had an infection I couldnt resolve if a few minutes and that was a good few years ago.
    I do try every release of eset, I think v2 and v3 were untouchable tbh, my problems only started when i upgraded to windows 7 and had to start using V4.

8. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello Eset users
    In one sentence, it managed you to express my concern. Thank you Cutting Edgetech.
    At the moment it seems to that Eset Marketing strategy is to be on every platform, smartphones Apple and so on. And that is a admirable strategi. But my concern is, that is taking to many resources from development of the product. I am not saying that I want a new version everey year, that I do definitely not want . There is so many great proposals from dedicated users but no response from Eset in a long time. Its maybe time for Eset to give its dedicated users a hint of the future.
    Best Regards to all;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yea, I think ESET is too secret about their plans ahead:)
    But I have my expectations;)

Though, I did read an article last week (don't remember where)
    That ESET had/have plans to release a new version early 2011:shifty:

10. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

I'm pretty sure more than just their base would be interested in a little teaser of what's to come.

It'd be cool to see "Smart Security" start to live up to the name.
    Too many of the suggestions from the Future Changes to ESS thread would only have it playing catch-up though.
    And a bit of that might be due, but I'm hoping there's more in store.

11. Cutting_Edgetech

As i stated above. If Eset is not currently working on incorporating some of the security features that have been suggested on this forum then their product will become a dinosaur. That is true for any company no matter what business your in. You need to keep up with the latest technological advances. Be on the cutting edge so to speak. I have 3 current Eset license, and they run out in November. I've been a dedicated Eset user for many years. My favorite Version thus far was V2, but that was for the AV and not the security Suite. If they are working on anything for the next release then i would at least want to see improvements to the firewall. I mentioned a few above, and in the future changes thread of this forum. Lots of users on this forum have made many good suggestions for additional features, and various improvements. I just hope Eset is reading them, and taking them seriously. I would want to know that they are currently working on some of the recommendations suggested on this forum for a near feature release. I am in no way trying to bash Eset so i hope those reading this thread do not interpret me as doing so. If any criticism is made on this thread then I want it to be constructive criticism. I strongly believe this thread needed to be started if not by me then someone else.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  12. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank You Woodgiant! Its good to see many on this forum have the same concerns as i do. I've read through the future changes thread, and i saw many good suggestions from users of this forum. What i haven't seen is much feedback from Eset. I have 2 Eset Smart Security license, and 1 NOD32 license which runs out in November. I haven't decided yet if i'm going to renew Eset Smart Security. Since a lot of the features i desire are not in Eset Smart Security I may just use NOD 32 with Online Armor and / or comodo so i get the benefit of a HIPS, and most of the other features I want.

13. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

As has previously been stated, it is ESET's policy not to discuss unannounced or unreleased products. With provisio that in mind, ESET does understand that there is considerable interest in future versions of products, and what has been publicly stated can be found on ESETSK's YouTube channel at -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UJBKxeNa0#t=04m19s about four minutes and twenty seconds in to the video.

When the time comes for public beta testing, the ESET Beta Support Forum section here on Wilders Security Forum will be featured prominently in that activity.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

14. Cutting_Edgetech

I don't mean to sound like i'm bashing Eset. I'm very happy with the AV. I just want to see more work being put into the firewall. It's not a bad firewall by any means! I believe most of use just want to know that something is being worked on, and progress is being made. I've been a dedicated Eset user since 2001, and I take pride in what security apps i use, and recommend to others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.