Adding Online Armor to Security SetUp?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by L Bainbridge, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

OK- this may be a daft question and it's probably been answered already but after receiving a recent bunch of 'phishing' emails I wondered whether it was worth adding Online Armor to my current security set up.
    At present I have NOD32, Ewido (full guard), L'n'S Firewall, Process Guard and Spysweeper plus Hardware Firewall/Router
    Am I being OTT or can I dispense with any of these instead if I use OA.
    Pros and Cons of OA would be interesting.
    As a free option is SpoofStick enough with my current set up?

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi There,

I think you already have a lot of security there - and if you're smart enough to understand that you're getting phishing emails, you're smart enough to understand that opening or acting upon them is a bad thing.

So Online Armor (or spoofstick, or anything else) won't protect you any more than common sense - and I'm from the company that writes Online Armor :)

Having said that - you can get a free trial of OA (or AV+ which includes the Kaspersky AV piece) and give it a go. There's certainly overlap with what you already have - depending on your personal preference you could either consolidate some, or just run another one - but you do sound like you'd be pretty safe if you just left things alone.

Mike

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Nice reply Mike. Never expected such a reply from a representative of a product. Thanks for being fair.

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

I agree great response.
    I'm not too worried about the 95% when I'm using my grey matter on the PC:it' s the 5% when I don't... or other members of the family are using it.
    Any company that has a representative who can be so honest, interested and balanced gets my vote- I'm going to try it. :thumb:
    Thanks

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Just so you know, Mike isn't a representative, he's the man. But you are right. Take a great piece of software, unbelieveable support, and complete candor and honesty, any have a pretty good combination.

Pete

PS Check out the forum at http://www.tallemu.com/forum/ and look a the post and response times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.