Adding Items to Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by qualserve, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qualserve

qualserve Registered Member

o_OHow would we suggest having additional spyware added to the Spywareblaster block list? In particular, I am interested in blocking WinWhatWhere, which has been installed on my system in the past.

the CSLID: 389b1ab9-9a87-11d1-b77f-00001c1ad1f8

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I've wondered the same thing myself.

However, would that particular CSLID change everytime a new version of the program came out?

Or have keylogger programs, in general, advanced to the point where the CSLID's change themselves at random?

And, blocking the keylogger from "sending" the info it collects (which is what I guess you're trying to accomplish here?) isn't the same as stopping the program from collecting the info to start with, is it?

And, as SWB is written right now, you wouldn't even have any warning that it had found a CSLID related to a keylogger.

Awful lot of food for thought in that one question you posted - thanks! Pete

3. qualserve

qualserve Registered Member

The same CSLID was in the registry of 3 of my computers, along with the .ocx previously posted. I have installed Zone Alarm to follow my outgoing info.
    The most bothersome thing is that the CSLID and .ocx were also found by a client for whom I built a computer a few months back!! The only commonality would be that all these computers share(d) my home network, at one time or another. E Mail to WinWhatWhere for information has gone unanswered. Thoughts? o_O I will continue to followup and post any information that would be of interest.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

From: http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=247

I think that's what happened on your network.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.