Adding an item to the Firefox list

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ken Hartmann, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Hartmann

Ken Hartmann Registered Member

Everytime I run Spybot it informs me that CasaleMedia has an unwanted cookie or something else on my system, and I proceed to remove it. I checked for this item in the Spyware Blaster list and it ONLY appears in the Internet Explorer list of items to be blocked. It does not appear in the Firefox/Mozilla list. I would like to know how to get that item into the Firefox list so that it is permanently blocked. I currently have ALL items blocked, without exception.

Ken

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Ken,

Since the Firefox/Mozilla list only deals with cookies....you would have to add it manually via the Firefox\Mozilla program itself given the fact the casalemedia entry is contained in Spywareblasters Restricted Sites section only. If casalmedia was part of the Internet Explorer cookie protection it would also be seen in the Firefox\Mozilla list due to the fact the ckdatabase.dtb database file is used for both Internet Explorer and Firefox\Mozilla.

Bubba

3. Ken Hartmann

Hi Bubba,

Now I understand how the list works. I have established a block within the Firefox list of cookies. Thanks for your explanation.

Ken

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome Ken and glad you go it working.

5. Woodyboy

Woodyboy Registered Member

Ken, Can you explain with details of how you did this? I have the same problem with Casalemedia. o_O

Thanks,
    Woody

6. dog

dog Guest

Hi Woody,

Welcome to Wilders :)

Go into Firefox's options ... Tools > Options > Click the Privacy Tab > Go to the Cookie Section > Click the Exceptions button > Type in the url and choose block ;) (Screenshot included)

HTH;

Steve

Attached Files:

7. Woodyboy

Woodyboy Registered Member

:) Thanks Steve. Duh me! I was looking in Spyware Blaster for a way to add the block. This is my first time to the forum. I have used Spyware Blaster for at least three years with zero problems until now. Before installing Spyware Blaster, Ad Aware and Spybot routinely found multiple nasties on my machine. After installing Spyware Blaster, it is a surprise when they find any.
    Think I got Casalemedia by clicking multiple links in an email. That was risky too. I think Firefox and Spyware Blaster have made me feel so safe that I sometimes do foolish and risky surfing.

Thanks again,
    Woody

8. sb2922

sb2922 Registered Member

Woody, I was looking over my son's shoulder a couple of days ago and saw a large blank area on his myspace page. In that white block was an error msg stating something about casalemedia was unable to load, or somesuch. If you or another user visit myspace, that also may have been the source. Sounds like you have it excluded now, though.

Steve

9. Ken Hartmann

Hi Woody,

Sorry it took so long to get back to your message, but this was a busy workweek, and I really wanted to run Spybot again to make sure it did indeed work. Now I see that Steve did a great job of explaining how to block a cookie from being set in Firefox.

I might add that it is also a good idea to view your cookies and be sure that Casalemedia is in fact not included in the list. If it is you can delete it, but Spybot should have already done that if you ran it.

Finally, you will not see the Casalemedia name listed in the Firefox list of sites being blocked by Spyblaster. That list seems to contain the original list of cookies that were on your system when you set up Spyblaster to block everything. I set up Spyblaster after running Spybot so Casalemedia had been removed, and therefore did not get into the Spyblaster list of sites to block.

It is a shame we have to spend so much time on attempts by others to infiltrate our computers and privacy, be it bugs, viruses, spam, you name it. I guess there is simply too much big money at stake and I suppose it will never end. The only good news would be to hear that the tables were turned and the companies sponsoring such crap would become infected beyond repair.

Never give up the hope.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.