Add Utorrent to ESS Firewall Exceptions?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jonostra, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonostra

Jonostra Registered Member

Hello dear ESET users,

I an already a long time user of ESET.
    Recently I got myself Eset Smart Security.

Nice program, but there is no option to manually add programs to the firewall exceptions list.

At: ESS/firewall Setup/Personal Firewall/App. Mod. Detection/ I am able to choose between several programs to be excluded from being checked, but i cannot not add any myself.

Utorrent port is blocked when ESS Firewall is active.
    Its open when ESS firewall is turned off.
    But then I get that red tray icon which I don't want to have.

So the big question is.. Can I add program exceptions for ESET ESS firewall myself? :/
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. PatG

PatG Registered Member

If you choose "Interactive" on the firewall, it should ask for permission on ALL incoming/outgoing signals. Once you say "yes" or "no" and establish a rule for each app, shouldn't be a problem from then on. Use Utorrent here, and have never had a problem since giving it permission.
  3. Jonostra

Jonostra Registered Member

Right, you are completely right.

I didn't know it worked like that.
    1st time I actually work with something else other then windows firewall, or Norton back in the nub years ;)

Thanks for the quick respond, it was extremely help full!
  4. blessing

blessing Registered Member

I am very interested in knowing whether the suggestion has fixed your problem?
    Has your internet connection speed improved/affected while utorrent is active?
    I've been using NOD32 for years and now considering 'upgrade' ESS and this utorrent is one of my biggest concern.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.