Add Tracking Cookies to Spyware Blaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rfjones, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfjones

rfjones Registered Member

I constantly find the same 10-20 spyware cookies with AdAware and have to remove them.Can I add these to Spyware Blaster to permanently take care of them?How and where do I do this?

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

You probably want answers from more experienced users than me, but I would think you could add the url's directly to your restricted list in IE should you use that browser.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please post a scan log from Ad-Aware that shows which cookies are being detected?

I'd be happy to take a look. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. yoga

yoga Registered Member

I have never understood why people take the time to post questions on a forum and then abandon the thread after someone is nice enough to respond. So, I would like to resurrect this. I would be happy to add my scan log of the tracking cookies I always find. There are occasionally others not listed here, but these seem to be the most persistent, and they are from "Real" (music), of course:

Name: TrackingCookie.Real
    Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@guide.real[2].txt
    Risk: Medium

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@messagesignup.real[1].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@real[2].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@superpass.real[1].txt

This was from the Ewido online scanner instead of the one on my computer, but they both always show these cookies. For some reason, I could not find these cookies by following the path given above. But these files are constantly replaced on my system no matter how often I delete them with my spyware scanner. I do use their services, but I don't see why they need to put tracking cookies on my system. Why can't they just use session cookies? I would hope their services would still be usable if these cookies were blocked. Can you do something about this?

:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.