add "Banking Mode"

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by blasev, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Hi there

I just want to ask about the idea to use specific browser only for banking.
    and use LnS to lock the browser only to one IP address (or two if you've two bank)

is this a good idea? and also can LnS do this?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Re: add "Bangking Mode"

If you make a duplicate of your browser application executable, and create a shortcut for it, and configure the application rule to allow for just the specific bank or banks addresses. ;)

3. blasev

blasev Registered Member

ok, even though the answer seems to be simple
    I had no idea on how to do that :ouch:

since I will only use IE for my baking needs, I didn't have to make another duplicate.

but how could I make the rule?
    TCP/UDP?
    should I choose equal/doesn't equal/equal my @?

sry again Phanth0m, but I know nothing about making rules :oops:

4. Phant0m

5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Well that's as clear as mud to me and I'll bet to blasev too. And its an important feature nowadays.

So, is "Secure Banking" configuration available via Phant0m ruleset with no effort from us end-users except for a click here or there for enable/disable?

6. Phant0m

Regarding the use of a specific browser only for banking, .. locate this browser application in the Look ‘n’ Stop - ‘Application filtering’ list, double-click on this application entry in the list, and on the ‘Ports and IP address selection’ screen, specify browser port 80 for TCPPorts:’ field, and for TCP@ IP:’ field enter in the bank IP address, and for UDPPorts:’ field enter in !0-65535 to block all UDP ports, leave UDP ‘@ IP:’ field blank. ;)

7. Phant0m

A tip... with Internet Explorer (being used as a example here), you can have a bank shortcut on the desktop to load Internet Explorer to the bank site with no addons (aka Safe Mode).

Create a shortcut linking target file and include the below parameters;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff http://www.myBankAddress.com

or whatever the location is for your IE browser and the web address of your bank.

8. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Right, probably you would like also add to TCP field port 443 since most of bank sites use https connection.
    If you use Ad Muncher - to make it work with LnS - you also need to add the exception filter for browser that you will use only for online banking, here is how to do this, step by step:
    lns_admunch.png

This setting disables Ad Muncher filtering for selected browser in this case for dw_browser.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  9. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

When I use Command prompt to get the ip for a domain name to place in the ports & Ip add. selection panel, I get the message:

Can't find server name for 10.1.1.1

Also, I can't RUN > CMD > ping either. Is something amiss with my LnS settings?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  10. Phant0m

Hi,

Make sure nslookup utility isn't blocked or ports and IPs restricted with Look 'n' Stop - Application Filtering.

If you know your DNS servers, use;

nslookup <address to resolve> <DNS server>

Example: nslookup yahoo.com 192.168.1.1

11. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

More about online banking.

So far:
    Firefox is browser of choice and so internet explorer is restricted to accessing bank ip only through application filtering 'ports & address selection."
    It was mentioned without further explanation to me by another;

Do we need to do anything further e.g. IPSec rule to ensure LnS is setup for banking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.