ADD 10 not detecting your External USB Hard Drives ? - Try this

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by crofttk, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Wow, I was pulling my hair out over this !

Even though I had participated in beta testing of ADD 10 and it had worked flawlessly, for some reason I can't understand, ADD 10 stopped detecting my two external USB drives.

I tried shutting the drives off, uninstalling them (in all of their instances, also hidden) from the device manager, then rebooting, then turning the USB drives on to re-detect and none of it fixed my problem. I even downloaded and installed the latest SnapAPI drivers (http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe) -- no dice.

THEN, after "getting intimate" with the forum search function, I found THIS thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=93596

I did part of what Alexey Popov suggested to llesau in post #6, i.e.:
    VOILA !
    ADD 10 is now detecting all drives, including my external USBs perfectly !

I'm no expert and I know no more now than I did earlier what the root cause of my problem was. HOWEVER, I post this here because it was posted in the "Acronis True Image Product Line" sub-forum and thought this potential solution/workaround should be more readily visible to ADD users.

I hope this is helpful for someone.:cool:

P.S. I did this while running Windows XP SP2 as an operating system. Not sure how backwardly applicable this is.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crofttk,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated, since it can be very helpful for other customers who has met the same issue.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.