AdBlock

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DX2, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DX2

DX2 Guest

I'm looking for a good adblock for my S4, I can't seem to find anything, except for a rooted phone.

2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Options that I'm aware of:
    Installing ad-blockers third-party, like Adblock Plus.
    Installing a no-root firewall with rules to block googleadservices and others (amazon, yahoo, etc.). Most of these I get from host files.
    Use a third party DNS like fool DNS that helps to filter/block advertisements.

These work well if you do most of you data related activities over WiFi. Fair warning that some apps get ads over cellular. I'd toggle data restrictions and see if that helps. Otherwise, toggle airplane mode and WiFi before you play words with friends, angry birds, etc.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I would recommend you root your phone and use something like AdAway.

Adblock Plus works decently for non-rooted phones except that it tends to randomly switch to allowing ads and it can causes problems with MMS.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Or you can install a browser with built-in adblocking like Firefox with ABP extension, and Opera with urlfilter.ini. Those should work on data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.