Adaware cant permanently get rid of LOP MALWARE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by darkstate, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkstate

darkstate Registered Member

Like many people who have downloaded messenger plus and haven't read properly what button they have just pressed,i have just got the dreaded c2 media dumped on my p.c,so then i thought sack that for a game of soldiers i'll get rid using the ADD/REMOVE,did that get rid ?no-way,the programs (messenger 6.2 and plus have gone )as expected but when i run ADAWARE guess what pops up in the list LOP MALWARE,so i deleted as usual but because iv'e never seen this before i thought i would run ADAWARE again to make sure its gone,guess what it came back with 3 hits,so i deleted them and the next time it came up with 5 all LOP MALWARE.

My question is how on this planet do i get rid of it once and for allo_O
    iv'e got spy sweeper on,spybot search and destroy and the trust worthy adaware,nothing works to rid it from my p.c.

Iv'e looked in the registry for it as your forum says but nothing of that description is there.

when i uninstalled both messenger and plus there was no prompts about putting a number in like your forum said just the usual uninstall.

i'm guesing i shouldn't have gone the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS route i'll take a guess and reckon there is a unistall option in the program itself.

alls i want is to get rid

i'm using win xp and am thinking of back dating this to before i installed the proplem,but if ya can sort it without me having to put everything back it would be a great help because i was just starting from fresh putting new drivers on programs etc,the sad thing is i usually use TRILLIAN and my mate went on and on about this new PLUS add on so i put the damn thing on.

many thanks in advance

2. IMM

IMM Spyware Fighter

Post the scan log from HijackThis
    Unzip it somewhere to keep and run hijackthis.exe - press Scan - the Scan button changes to a Save Log button
    Save, and then copy and paste the entire log here.
    Dont' choose to fix anything yet - most entries will be harmless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.