Adaptive Restore from PE 2950 to PE 2800

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by darnemann, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darnemann

darnemann Registered Member

I have a Dell PE 2950 that I backed up and restored to a Dell PE 2800. I used adaptive restore to inject drivers for the Perc 4e/Di SCSI raid controller that is in the 2800. The OS begins to boot, I see the Windows splash screen, the progress bar makes it half way across and then the server reboots. I do not get a BSOD.

I’m a bit unclear on the injecting of some of the other drivers (wondering if a chipset driver might be to blame). The other two drivers I’m looking at injecting, the display and the chipset use setup programs to unpack and install the driver files. Is this type of driver supported to inject?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Try F8 and last known good configuration or safe mode.

If neither works, in the Drive Backup Linux Recovery disk > Boot Corrector > search OS > Adjust OS to new hardware might do the trick.

If you got past the splash screen it means Windows is able to see your controller and hard drive fine, there's something else evidently.

3. darnemann

No luck with any of the sugestions. Do I need to do anything special when I create the backup?

I'm using the PE boot disk.

4. Paragon_Tommy

It's possible that you injected the drivers incorrectly.

First of all, the Adaptive Restore recovery disk uses the Windows Vista/2008 kernal, we need two sets of drivers:

1. 4e/Di drivers for Windows 2008
    2. 4e/Di drivers for Windows 2003

The 2008 driver will be for adaptive restore to correctly read your hard drive, and the 2003 driver will be for injecting into the OS.

Have both sets of drivers on a media, in Adaptive Restore, go to Tools and add drivers and load the 2008 driver first. Once that's successful, inject with the 2003 drivers.

5. darnemann

The Adaptive Restore detects the drive prior to loading extra drivers. But I tried loading them anyway and my results have not changed. On an attempted boot to safe mode, the system hangs and reboots on acpitabl.dat. I found some suggestions on other boards recommending BIOS update and/or hard reset. Or boot from a PE disc that allows a CHKDSK to be run.

Tried those suggestions as well. Still behaving the same.

6. Paragon_Tommy

I think that particular message "acpitabl" tells you it's a bad driver. Could we have had the incorrect drivers (x86 instead of x64) or incorrect OS version drivers?

If you need to run a CHKDSK, Windows installation disk or BartPE can do that for you from console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.