Ad Muncher

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Registered Member

complaining is one thing, but continuously ignoring the facts are other.
    THEY ARE WORKING ON V5, they are short-handed. Yes V5 has been promised ages ago but so what, yes they can hire people. I'm sure they are aware of the consequences of nagging customers and they are working as quickly as they can. So once you stumble upon a similar thread about AdMuncher, don't share your worthless comments, because whenever V5 is available, you'll know about it!

I've seen similar threads in many other forums, it's the same complaints over and over again. where is v5, oh gzip, oh https, oh ie11, oh this oh that. You guys can't live without these? It's coming, it'll come... learn to live with it. try other fish in the sea if you must.

Again and again, they're working on it. Nothing else to say other than being patient.

2. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I don't care much for your hostile attitude, and if I ever need your advice I will ask but, I'm an adult and have free thinking and will....Carry with yours too...I'm not going to try and stop you:)

And I don't doubt Jeff will continue to post his 'old' new news.

3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I stopped reading the rest of your post after that nonsense.

I really hope that you're not a software developer. If you are, please tell me the name of your program so I make sure that I NEVER purchase it in the future with that type of attitude towards development and customer support.

4. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

No, we can't. With the NSA leaks, everyone wants encryption, and almost everything we do is encrypted, and having a product that is 'blind' to protecting encrypted connections is a very bad idea. So really - no we can't live without them.

But that's fine. Adguard 5.9 fixed any lingering issues with that program, and it's the perfect replacement for Vapormuncher now. Nobody in their right mind still believes v5 is coming, or will ever come. They'll milk that product with false advertising until the last sucker is bled.

5. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

you lose all credibility when using words like "Vapormuncher"

6. clubhouse1

To be honest Jeff, your last post has a pot and kettle ring to it...You've been on the ropes throughout this thread and still no news of a 'where we're at now' or video....You must understand why patience is running very thin.

7. anon

anon Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  8. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

being wrong isn't a crime.

What don't you understand about it just not being ready yet?

I don't have magic powers.

9. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

it's indeed looking like that.

10. g4v1n

g4v1n Registered Member

Care to explain, how are you going to do this with Windows 8.1 installed system? I guess your next solution is to revert back to Windows 7...

Also the website clearly states that Ad muncher works with all browsers. :rolleyes:

Of course i want my connection to be encrypted whenever i do something crucial, like online banking, purchases, email, social media etc. and no we can't and we shouldn't live without it.

11. XtremeMaC

Wow, so dramatic. You talk about security, this and that still keen on using IE..., hmm Chrome perhaps? I've 8.1 on my touch enabled laptop, that's what I do...chrome has desktop and metro mode as well.

Yes they should update their website. So it does not work with all at the moment because of precious IE11. Advil didn't solve your pain issue, did you contact them? Symantec let a virus in your system, they claim to catch all, did you contact them? Windows threw a BSOD what did you do?
    You waited for a service pack and they were not always on time were they?
    So stuck on minor details.

hmm your banking website and many other https website has ads? You should probably steer clear off those pages...
    Any I guess you need to think back what the "encryption" in AM is or what it provides. if its tracking/blocking scripts that you're after yes AM at the moment is not able to provide for https.. If its encryption and further protection I think you might be talking about total protection packs Symantec/McAfee/Eset/etc provides...possibly with firewall.

I've developed many software and always try to get it on time with the rest of the team. What we didn't do and what Jeff accepts as a mistake is announcing a deadline before certain features were completely added...

What you guys want and are used to are constant patches and upgrades to incomplete and/or not well thought software. I'm an idealist and have always debugged every piece of code that I worked on. I'm guessing Jeff does not want to release a buggy, half-finished major version update to the public, where people will go on say similar things like they do for AdGuard and how buggy that is.

In any case, what you people seem to be missing are:
    1. you guys love AM, already purchased it, devs are doing their best to bring the new version
    2. these constant nags are not helping anyone...
    3. Jeff agrees that they shouldn't have advertised a date for releasing V5 or other implements.
    4. Jeff accepts the consequences to the faults/claims they've done.

Be a considerate human, give them time...

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

XtremeMaC has 3 posts total here on Wilders and all are promoting or defending AM.

13. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

I'm not sure what you are implying.

but he does so of his own free will and without any prompting or compensation from us.

14. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I noticed that as well. Not hard to figure it out.

Also notice 'identical' typing to Jeff, for example XtremeMac doesn't capitalize his first letter of a new paragraph some of the time, just like Jeff, and the formatting is very similar.

vs

Game, Set, Match.

15. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

What bugs are in Adguard 5.9? None that I know of, and I spent considerable time helping them beta test it. 5.9 FULLY replaces Admuncher, and doesn't slow boots, or the PC down. 6.0 Adguard, due in less than 2 months, will absolutely crush any remaining doubts Adguard isn't THE replacement for Admuncher. (If anyone hasn't already figured that out).

Nice try though Jef... Err.. XtremeMac.

16. XtremeMaC

I merely based this on other people's thought on other topics in this forum and others...

No I'm not Jeff, and wow use of lower case, you must be hell of a detective man wow. Are you perhaps 10 years old? Jeff doesn't need an advocate, I am merely sick of this nonsense talk and for some reason thought I could put some sense into naggy people. But you guys are bored I guess and are trying to steer the conversation where it fits you... So childish. and I do not see the relevance of having few posts...
    Go on with this discussion if you deem necessary in expediting Jeff's work...

17. clubhouse1

Well now you have given everyone your blessing perhaps you'll bow out with your condescending posts?

18. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

3 weeks later, no WIP video? I can show a video for a program I am developing that's only 12% done. Which tells me you have nothing. Nothing at all.

Mind updating your webpage so it doesn't appear like you are misleading people? Not having Safari support would allow MAC users to see it's not for MAC, and showing no IE support would 'murder' your sales. I think we all know why it hasn't been updated. I'd love to be shown to be wrong, and an Admuncher WIP video (that's not faked) appears in a few days, and v5 comes out by summer. But to be honest - I don't see either happening. You have nothing, or you'd show it.

Attached Files:

19. SnowWalker

SnowWalker Registered Member

You refuse to even update your deceptive website, and then accuse others of not being credible?

20. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

i really feel sorry for your clients.

don't you find a few YEARS to be enough?

21. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

it's not done yet so clearly no...

22. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Jeff, you know that there's only one way how to get rid of such rude posts, the video and ETA of v5 is a must. Otherwise this thread will continue in the manner as it is now.

Yeah, one may say that v4.93 is lagging behind the times, lack of IE11 and https support and maybe others. Though personally I don't see these as the main shortcomings as I use Opera and from the nature of encrypted sites it shouldn't be an issue as well, at least I didn't encounter any troubles. Frankly speaking Ad Muncher serves me to the full satisfaction. However I agree that generally, for the general public, lack of the aforementioned features may be seen as the major issue. Nevertheless I don't want Ad Muncher to become a bloatware like AdGuard with malware checks, parental controls, safe search, and other additions. Ad Muncher should stay solely as an ad-blocker and it shouldn't be replacing security solutions in no way.

23. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Actually, there is an even more effective way to kill the unwanted posts. Kill the thread. It stopped being a support thread on the first page I think, and was only about one issue before it was hijacked. Back and forth bickering isn't going to make the product update any faster. I have very little faith we'll see a version 5 as I've already said before in the thread. However, that doesn't mean I feel the need to spend pages taking pot shots at Jeff. If you're unhappy with the thing, remove it and be done with it until you see a version 5. I still think something else is causing the holdup and happening behind the scenes, but I can't prove that nor do I have any evidence to even try to so what I think doesn't matter. Let it go guys.

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I completely agree.:thumb:

25. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

What 'nature' of encrypted sites are you referring to? You mean those ads that admuncher misses on Myspace, Facebook, Google Search, GMail, and all of the others because they are encrypted? Even my bank is serving HTTPS ads on their portal now, oblivious to Adguard. Not to mention the missing GZIP support. So let's not put lipstick on a pig, shall we?

What bloat is that in Adguard? Adguard adds no 'weight' to the functionality of a machine, or browsing speed. The other features are really important. In 12 days Adguard's malware detection blocked 21 sites on my machine that the other 5 HTTP/S databases didn't hit. That's bloat?!?!?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.