Ad-aware users

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mike_Healan, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

For users of Ad-aware,

I'm not sure wtf is going on with Lavasoft's forums lately, but they've been offline for nearly a week now and I know from experience that hundreds of questions aren't getting answered as a result.

I'd like to remind everyone that three of my moderators at SpywareInfo forums are also moderators for Lavasoft, and I was one myself until just a few weeks ago. If anyone needs help with an Ad-aware problem and the other members here can't help with the problem, you can also find help at my forums from many of the same people you'd find at Lavasoft forums. That includes problems with the program itself, reporting new targets (which I'll pass along to Lavasoft, Spybot, Xcleaner, and others), and asking if something is clean of spyware.

2. parkersxs

parkersxs Registered Member

Noticed that too.

Thanks Mike for the tip and the donation of your services.

3. Proxo Lady

Proxo Lady Guest

Mike,

It sounds like you have given a lot of your time. Thank you. I have worried about Lavasoft. There always seems to be some kind of problem. I have started using SpyBot and I don't seem to run adaware as much as I once did and I used to run them both all the time. Since you are kind of on the inside moderating a forum for them, what is happening? Is it just how I am viewiig things or have they really had some rough times?

thank you!

MELISSA

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I un-installed Adaware when the updates weren't available as frequently.That's too bad because that's the first program of that kind that I used.I started running Spybot before the Lavasoft problems started.I still have Spybot and I use it regularly.It's really cool that there are people here with expertise on Adaware.That kind of guidance is needed for current and future Adaware users.Adaware IMO is a good program,and I wish for the best for the future of that program.

5. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

I would also like to remind people that although I have had a disagreement with Lavasoft and resigned as an administrator of their forums, the people there are still my friends. Particularly the woman who answers the email. Whoever is sending harrassing emails to Lavasoft, stop now.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

That kind of behavior is just plain unacceptable. If you need any assistance in tracking down who it really is, I would be glad to help out as much as I can.

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.