Ad-aware Problem with viruses

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Jimbob1989, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I am using Ad-aware Pro SE with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 and I have noticed a strange re-occurance. When I am running scans in Ad-aware and it scans other the quarinitine folder containing the viruses that could not be removed, McAfee's warning box pops up saying that a virus was detected in the quarinitine folder and that it was moved, however its still in the same folder.

Jimbob

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Deleting the files were a bit of a pain as well. Had to disable on access protection just to delete the files. However, there is still the strange activity caused by Ad-aware.

Jimbob

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Jimbob - This probably has something to do with this: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=14501 .

Funny things sometimes happen when your A/V is running resident when you do an AA scan, IOW. So you might just want to try dis-abling your A/V's resident protection when running AA scans, as suggested. Pete

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I believe it has to do with the unpacking capacities of Adaware which are I think very good. so if adaware unpacks something , your av might popup.

Inf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.