ActiveX question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ninjamonkey, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey Registered Member

I'm trying out this new browser called MyIE2 and i was looking through the options and I saw it said "ActiveX enabled"

will this stop spywareblaster from working correctly? It will still be able to block the bad ActiveX?

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi ninja,

There are those (I'm not one) who'll argue that ActiveX itself is hazardous and should be disabled, but you do need it it way too many places on the net for that.

SB works by blocking specific "baddies" with specific signatures (that's why you want to check for updates periodically). And if you enable IE Protecion on the new version (don't know if it also works with MyIE2), SB specifies quite a few sites as Restricted, which (in default browser setup, anyway) makes most or all of ActiveX unavailable on those sites.

Probably not too clear, sorry, but hopefully at least a halfway accurate explanation. ;)

Best,
    Mike

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

MyIE2 just being an IE shell the IE protections should work the same as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.