Activeimage Protector-no more Rectiphy?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Jim1cor13, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

I just noticed that www.rectiphy.com and www.aip4free.com gets redirected to a Japanese Activeimage web site. I wonder if Rectiphy is still doing business, because all the sites now go to activeimage.jp

If I recall correctly, the technology Rectiphy was using originated in Japan? it appears Rectiphy is no longer around?

I just found this interesting. It would appear some kind of changes occured. The japanese site is showing version 3.5, but it appears there is no english translation.

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

The both sites are not available from all my browsers. They even not redirected to any other sites.

3. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Wanted to add this...I own a license and came home the other day to a letter from Rectiphy. They closed down and the software and licenses are being assumed by NetJapan (http://activeimage.jp/). I believe they were the parent company to begin with.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sucks i had a lic as well so i wonder what happens now it was actually a really nice program.

5. Jim1cor13

Thanks guys for the information and the feedback, and napoleon1815 for the details of the letter from Rectiphy. At least it confirms that Rectiphy is no longer operating, but at least there is support via NetJapan. I do believe if I recall correctly, that the technology for AIP originated from Japan.

It is a very capable and fast imaging app. I hope they continue to develop it, but as far as I can tell, the .jp site has no english? Also it appears the latest version is 3.5. In any case, I hope those who have a license will be able to not just get support, but also upgrade as this develops.

Thank you for chiming in on the latest details :)

Jim

6. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

No problem. I used it a few times fine and was looking forward to newer versions. Something to keep an eye on!

7. timcan

timcan Registered Member

8. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Rectiphy was just a distributor of AIP, and imho the free version left a lot to be desired. The linux boot (recovery) disk was the worst I had ever used and to top it off my restore (of a verified backup) failed! So I say good riddance. :thumbd:

TS

9. Jim1cor13

Thank you TS. I remember hearing their recovery media was not very reliable and took a long time to finally even get into it to try and restore.

There are better solutions available for sure, and I think Rectiphy simply did not have the backing to properly compete with their market niche.

Have a nice weekend TS :)

Jim

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imo not worth 59$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.