Active X

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by controler, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Hi do i need to put a check in Autoblock new and changed applications to stop an active x install?

Thanks

controler

2. controler

controler Guest

Thanks for not answering my question

Con

3. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I dont' know where PG would stop active x controls from being installed or to run, but you can setup your configuration in IE Security Options or in Firefox.

4. controler

controler Guest

Actualy I do have both to warn me first. The reason I mentioned it was using IE 7.0 I would get the little banner at IE top saying this page wants to install an active-x. Clicking on the banner and selecting more info NOT install gave a warning by all seeing eye saying a file and another dll were installed.
    Going to the same site with firefox only gives a flash warning.
    An active-x is an executable program like anything else isn't it?
    This could be an IE 7.0 bug too. It thinks a flash is an active-x LOL

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's because Macromedia Shockwave Flash object is an ActiveX control :eek: ;)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ danny#12,

I have moved your post that was unrelated to this problem and moved it to your ongoing thread you have started concerning this issue. Please follow the below link.

This link---> activex control

7. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

That check box essentially controls whether you get the dialog "Application xyz wants to start" or "Application xyz has changed since you last ran it". With it checked you receive no dialogs for those events. You get windows errors about missing or invalid handles instead ;) It does not change the execution protections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.