Active mode in Browser...protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sweater, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I didn't have any problem regarding of putting my browser in the active mode check list. I know how important it is using "active" filtering mode. But I was wondering, what big differences does it have if browser was just left in its default setting of not putting browser in an active mode protection filter? :rolleyes:

Will NOD32 still scans the browser effectively even if it's just in the default "passive mode" filter?

What it'll possibly miss if it's just left in the default passive browser protection mode?

I am also a bit more interested with your personal experiences rather than just relying on the "technical" side of explanations. :cool:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I tend not to use as I feel realtime scanning will take care of things it knows about. Having said that I have it enabled for others unless they complain it slows their browsing.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have it enabled for both IE and Safari. And I haven't noticed any slowdowns.
    But if you don't have it enabled you will have higher compatibility for listed applications.....

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Actually, I have this thing enabled since the first time I've used NOD32 so I couldn't tell any differences how it'd affect my browsing if it's in default inactive mode.

I have 3 browsers in my system, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox 4 and Firefox 7 (Nightly), most of the time I uses Firefox Nightly.

I am curious if an active mode was enabled if it also increases ram and cpu usage. Coz there are times my Firefox freezes in seconds, and that cpu usages of ekrn.exe rose up. :rolleyes:

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You wanted opinion only, I have Browser active mode set-up but never saw the need to use the feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.