Active Development

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AdamL, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

:thumb:

2. newline

newline Registered Member

Agreed. LnS is still being sold - is it money for nothing?

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I wouldn't be so bothered about whether he posted here as sometimes developers have other business to attend to however i would be concerned if as a paying customer i couldn't get any email support regarding lost licenses or technical help etc from the official site.Does anyone know if support is still given through the contact us section of the looknstop site?
    ellison

4. blasev

blasev Registered Member

But.. Wilders is their official support forum..

5. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I have received prompt replies to questions I have posted directly to LnS support. I don't think the developer's absence from this forum is a reason to panic.

6. ellison64

Thats good to hear :thumb:

ellison

7. ellison64

agreed ...but there are many official forums where developers rarely post these days (outpostfirewall.com comes to mind) ,but they do post announcements occasionally. If i were a new buyer i would be more concerned about getting support directly if i had occasion too,in case of refund issues ,replacement key issues etc.
    ellison

8. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

There is actually a difference between a vendors user forum (such as outpost), and a vendors forum on a security forum site.

Personally I am not concerned, just made a comment that the vendor not showing for a long period is not a good sign. (what would, for example, users of NOD32 say if there was no one from ESET on the official forums here for 6 months?)

- Stem

9. ellison64

Hi Stem...
    Yes outpost forum is a little different now ,though it wasn't always.In the early days agnitum devs used it to communicate all the time when outpost was first launched ,and would actively participate in the forum.as As for eset If a user bought eset security suite from pc world or such outlet ,they probably wouldn't even know they have an official forum,Even esets UK support page doesn't mention a forum (http://www.eset.co.uk/Support ) that i can see.I agree it would be nice to hear from Frederick ,though, but if support is still forthcoming from the website ,then i too wouldn't be overly concerned.Including yourself and phantom and many other experts here ,there's no shortage of help if required ;)
    ellison

10. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

This is true. The GeSWall forums are a barren wasteland.

11. BenMar522

BenMar522 Registered Member

Have been looking to install LnS for awhile now but hesitant with no recent development.

BenMar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.