Active Debugger???

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Rikster33, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cob

cob Guest

Hi Jooske, I removed the programes keys from the registry without a thought of the debugging problem...and by pure chance it solved the problem.

:)

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This should be fixed in the latest version. Please report your findings! :)
    -Jason-

3. Rikster33

Rikster33 Registered Member

Jason no changes still the same error

4. TV

TV Guest

Hi. I just downloaded Port Explorer to my Windows 98 system, rebooted, and I get the same "This program does not run on machines with active system debugger!" error.
    :mad:

How about indicating what you think the debugger is in the message? I disabled my antivirus software - it still doesn't run.

I am not running Mail, outlook or msn messenger - although all are installed on my system.

Any ideas?

5. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi TV,
    Fortunately Rikster fixed the debugger problem on his system but unfortunately he didn't know what he did to fix it. He still hasn't emailed be back with his solution so I can't really say.
    -Jason-

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi TV,

A debugger runs a program in a special way, such that the program can be examined, paused and things can be done differently to how it normally runs (to find and fix bugs)

A debugger may be installed if you have programming software installed, you should be able to disable it if so (rather than uninstalling anything)

Otherwise, a debugger might be something you have a debugger installed to examine how EXE files work, like SoftICE or one of many other debuggers available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.