Activation of True Image Home 9.0 ?????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by christopheramos, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christopheramos

christopheramos Registered Member

Hi,

My trial version of True Image Home 9.0 expired. So I decided to buy it. I bought it and got a License Code. I even registered my product through the Acronis website.

But I still can't run the program!!!! It won't allow me to input my license code. How on earth do I unlock the programo_O?

Thanks!
    Christopher Amos

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

To be safe, I'd:

1) Register your product at the Acronis web site.Ooops
    2) Login as registered and download the latest FULL version (now Build 3633).
    3) Uninstall the trial version.
    4) Install the latest FULL version, during which you should be prompted for your serial number.

There is no activate or register procedure in this program, only the entry of serial number upon install.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  3. christopheramos

I tried that, and the new version says that the program has expired, and that I need to buy the program.

I don't get it.

4. crofttk

The symptoms you describe indicate you are trying to reinstall the trial program. Did you log into your userid at the Acronis website and then select the link that says "Product Upgrades" ?

5. christopheramos

Well, the trial version expired. I couldn't see where I could insert a license code (I would just get a message saying the trial period had expired, and that I should consider buying). So I bought the product and got a serial number. But couldn't enter it, the program wouldn't give me that option.

So, I uninstalled the trial version and downloaded another, updated trial version. After I installed it, and tried to run it, I got the same message (the program has expired, please consider buying it).

6. crofttk

Then don't do that. Follow the steps I outlined above and see if that works better. Now that you've bought it, you DON'T want to fool with the TRIAL version anymore, you want the FULL version. The FULL version will prompt you for a serial number during the install procedure.

Hopefully, you bought this ATI 9 serial number directly from Acronis' web site or from an AUTHORIZED reseller. There are bogus resellers out there selling bogus serial numbers.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  7. christopheramos

I bought it from an authorized seller, I do believe. After buying it, I was able to register the program on the Acronis website. Then I can click and see "my registered products." I HOPE that I bought a legitimate version!!!!!

8. crofttk

OK, then you should go here: https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/ and log in at the right hand side with your registration e-mail and the password you specified at registration. After log-in, click the link that says "Registered Products". You should then have a list with the products you registered on it. Click on "Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Upgrade (English)" (or whatever it says on YOUR page, that's just mine) and it should open a drop down list on the same page that contains a link for you to download the latest version -- this is a FULL version, NOT a TRIAL version which is all you have tried to install up to this point. Not only are you unable but also do not WANT to install a trial version.

9. christopheramos

Okay, thanks!!!! Are you able to tell me if deprice.com <snip> is an authorized Acronis reseller?? That's where I got my copy of True Image Home.

Thanks!!!
    Chris

edited to disable link - Detox

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi; I'm not sure if they're authorized but I disabled your link because that place has tried spamming Wilders forums (and others we know) several times in the past.

11. christopheramos

Detox, what does that mean, that they tried to spam Wilders and others?

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, I don't see them listed here as a known unauthorized dealer but I also don't see them on the Acronis site listed as an authorized dealer either.

I wouldn't trust them at all - I'm the poor guy who had to clean up their spam posts pretending to be a buyer here before ;-)

They (or an affiliate - whatever) signed up here with a name (stupidly enough they used the same nick all over the net) and started posting in threads about "oh hey I found this software so cheap here and that's where I bought it..." or some such and linked their site each time.

13. christopheramos

Okay, but if I did buy from an UNAUTHORIZED seller, would I have been able to register the product with the Acronis website? Because I was able to register it.

14. crofttk

I have no idea on that, Chris. Perhaps someone with specific experience or Acronis Support themselves can comment on that here.

Best of Luck !

15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I'm not sure either; but I did see in that thread posted by Acronis support about illegal dealers that at least one gave all customers the same serial so they couldn't register. Seems like that would usually be the case but I just can't say for sure. We'll have to wait for Acronis or someone like crofttk mentions.

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that if you have already registered your serial number at Acronis web-site, it means that your copy of the software is legal.

Please follow the instructions of crofttk in order to install the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.