Activ Mode settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by julio99, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

In the Advanced Mode settings there is a line named "Active Mode" under Web Access Protection. In the Active Mode for Internet Browsers I have a fairly good list of programs listed to be configured for :Active Mode". By checking the boxes next to the listed programs I understand that it sets the programs up for more "effective Filtering". By default all boxes were unchecked, so I went ahead and checked them all. Was that the right move, wrong move or should certain programs be excluded? I'm not really sure I fully understand this setting.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

In theory there should be no issues. However, if there are any issues with it being enabled then disable it for those progs that are affected.

3. julio99

What kind of a clue would I get that would guide me to the "Said" program? Crash? Not working? Hanging?....

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Something like that. Anything out or ordinary. Most probably it will all work well as intended.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I tic all interent facing apps.

6. julio99

I took a look and if you mean that you need to be online to access the app then all of the ones ticked on mine are internet facing, so it would appear that settles that and thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.