ActiiveX not working....Can You HELP??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by NemesysEvolved, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NemesysEvolved

NemesysEvolved Registered Member

For the last 2 years now, i havnt been able to do the windows update on my computer. For some reason, when Im on the windows site, an actiivex warning comes up so I am unable to download the update. Any site with active x doesnt work properly, along with site areas where I want to purchase by credit card, when I click to go to the payment page the page does not load. I think this has something to do with the fact that i dont have windows service pack 2. could be wrong but I hope someone can help me. Just for the record My internet works perfectly fine except for the few types of pages that it cant load(one being activex). I cant even view my own profile on ontariocolleges.ca,

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Re: I Got a Rare problem Can You HELP??

Welcome to Wilders NemesysEvolved!

Probably the easiest fastest thing to try would be to reset your IE security settings to default. You will need to adjust the settings again to increase security, but you can do that after you update.
    Go to Start/Control Panel/Internet Properties/Security Tab/Click Internet Globe Icon/Click Default Level...
    Then Click Trusted Sites Icon and click Default Level...
    Click Okay until you are out of the Internet Properties, close control panel, and try it again.
    If it doesn't work, post here and maybe some more ideas will follow from others.

3. NemesysEvolved

NemesysEvolved Registered Member

yup, thanks for the input but its already been done. Since I called into dell a year back about this problem, Ive kept the security settings all to default. But it doesnt help my problems at all. Like I said earlier I have had this problem for maybe 2 years so my cpu hasnt been updated for a while. Websites all work fine unless its an activex page, or a credit card payment page. Bill Gates might even be boggled by this problem if he were to see.

4. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Nemesys.,
    You would probably have considered security Apps. on your machine - do any

of them have activeX controls - such as Trojan Trap ?

Regards.

5. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

try restoring all of the default settings in IE, in IE/tools/options/security and "advanced"..

next check your firewall's settings to see if activex controls are disabled there..

maybe you are missing some file that you need in order for activex controls to run.. you will just have to look for information about that..

you could consider doing a clean reinstall of win xp et al..

6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Try this to get active x running.

Go to start and run, type in each command (one at the time and note the space after regsvr32) and press enter.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
    regsvr32 softpub.dll

After each one you should get a message saying that the dll registered successfully

7. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.