Acronyms

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bizadi, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

What is the "NOD" in NOD32 short for? While I'm at it, how about "ESET" - Electronic Security........ (a guess)?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Thanks for that. I should probably have searched, now that I think about it.

It is odd that at the ESET.com About Eset page there is no definition of the acronym. Odd to me, at least.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

The Goddess Isis (Eset)

Isis was one of the formost deities in Ancient Egyptian culture. She was know as the Earth Mother, and was the personification of the female creative power that conceived and brought forth every living creature. Isis was the sister and wife of Osiris, and mother of Horus. Her name is the Greek form of the Egyptian Ast, or Eset.

Because of her popularity and importance her worship spread beyond Egypt to western Europe where she was identified with Persephone and Athena. The Romans even built a temple to Isis which stood in the Campus Marinus, here she was called Isis Campensis.

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

What's the key in Wilders to Search for the thought in a phrase (ie) "ESET acronym meaning"? My experience is that it Searches for Each Word separately, not as a thought, quotes don't seem to work, and I find no link for Search instructions that covers this.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.