Acronis Workstation 9.1 Failed! Help! Please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kaz46, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz46

Kaz46 Registered Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have been recommended to this site, If any one can help me it's you Guys.

Anyway I have installed Acronis Workstation 9.1 I have it on 2 Computers My Desktop PC and my Laptop, it works a treat on my PC and as I thought also on my Laptop. I installed some software on my Laptop and wanted to take it off once I used it so I made a back up Verified it and all was well till it said during the backup restore that this restore needed to boot so it booted ok but then it stayed stuck on the rebooting part then it goes to the screen where you can see the process being reinstalled where the green bar goes up and its stayed there Iv tried doing this 3 times now and even left it all last night but it just wont boot back up and go back to an earlier restore can anyone give me some help please I think Acronis is great I have been using Ghost (Norton) sorry didn't mean to swear, but since Iv used this it is just great
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Kaz46:'(

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Where do you have the Backup Image stored?
    Try making the bootable True Image Rescue CD, boot the laptop with it and do the restore from it.

3. Kaz46

Kaz46 Registered Member

Hi DwnNdrty

I have backed it up to my External Hard Drive, which worked on my Desktop PC. I have backed up and reinstalled from here and it works fine. Should I make a bootable CD for each Computer then, and will I have to make a Cd every time I want to back up?

Thanks Kaz46

4. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

Just one CD is required, make sure it is the latest version, not the one you had with the manual, but the one you make on the computer...

Should be the same on both computers...

Jaycee

5. Kaz46

Kaz46 Registered Member

Hi jaycee

Thanks for that, so when I want to reinstall what do I do, at what point do I use the Bootable Cd, and will I have to do this every time I want to reinstall?
    Im sorry but this is the first time iv done this sort of thing and need some help and guidance

Kind regards
    Kaz46

6. Kaz46

Kaz46 Registered Member

Acronis on a network?

Hi All,
    I have been having trouble with my Laptop and restoring, it backs up ok but when rebooting it hangs. Am I right in thinking that True Image 9.1 will work on a network My laptop and Desktop PC are on a network would I be able to setup and restore and back up from my main PC rather than run this on each computer

Thanks Kaz46

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Acronis on a network?

Hello Kaz46,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Create a new Bootable CD after update.

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also follow DwnNdrty's advice and try to perform the restoration while booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please note that the restoration process can be started under Windows as well as when booted your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. If the process stared from Windows, Acronis True Image will prompt you to reboot the computer into its standalone version (the same environment that uses in Acronis True Image Bootable CD) to restore the system partition. This is because Windows does not allow you to run an application while this application completely rewrites the partition where Windows is installed.

Yes, you are right. You can use Acronis True Image Management Console installed on a main computer to manage backup/restore operations on a remote computers where Acronis True Image Agents installed. Acronis True Image Management Console and Acronis True Image Agents are components of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and you can find the instructions on how to install and use them in chapters 2.1 "Installing Acronis True Image Workstation components" and 4. "Using Acronis True Image Management Console" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. In you case to back up/restore your laptop and desktop computers using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation you will need two licenses of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Note that the above mentioned software licensing policy is also applies to Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

P.S. I have merger two threads you have started since they are about the same issue. Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Re: Acronis on a network?

How greedy can you people get?

Lousy support, even after paying for maintenance, licensing like M$, and boilerplate answers in this forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.