Acronis with SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lurch, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurch

Lurch Registered Member

I downloaded the full 270m + sp2. I was carefull to do a complete TrueImage image prior to updating MS. Thankfully! Had some problems with my mediacenter, so restored my image. All went flawlessly! Thanks so much for the software. I have TI-8, by the by.

Have since figgered out what had happened to my mediacenter (had to update drivers), re-updated sp2 and all is happy once again. Have used TI-8 for full and incremental backups since the update and have had absolutely no problems.

Just wondering if I am becoming too dependent on True Image. It is a simple thing to have my Secure Zone on my second hard drive and make frequent incremental backups. I have kinda gotten away from normal backup software. Am I inline for a disaster? I have successfully used the TI restore image as well as the hot key (f11) with recovery manager on boot.

I have had no problems. let's hope it stays that way.

Software great!

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

If it is working for you now and it has been working for you in the past what is it that you are looking for in the way of "disaster"? The only things I would change is to do away with Recovery Mgr and take full images (rather than incrementals) if you have the HDD space. Other than that you are good to go! About "leaning" on Recovery Mgr for your jump start; always, always, assume the worst possible case in a backup/restore scenario and have a tried and true (thoroughly tested) procedure/strategy in place that WILL handle any situation. Use bootable media and always "pretend" that the heads on your primary (boot) HDD had sex with the platter surface! If you go with this flow you will sleep well each and every night! One last thing; if you make any significant changes to your PC on down the road make REAL sure that you retest your procedures/strategies. TI has been known to roll over and play dead after changes to hardware/OS software! Better to know than to have it be too late! *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.