Acronis & Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by franka, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franka

franka Registered Member

Hi
    I have Acronis True Image Home 2009, build 9611 updated to build 9770

It was installed on a PC running Windows XP Home SP3. It worked fine and I had no cause to complain.

I have now tried to mount it on a Sony Vaio, running Vista Home Premium SP2.
    It loads o/k and I can open it with no trouble. However, when I try to open the Browser it hangs and with successive tries at opening the browser my machine runs slower and slower, to the point where my PC is unuseable.
    If I either delete Acronis, or, system restore to before installing it my machine again run correctly.

If I try the install on an Acer Ispire laptop with the same operating system the same senario happens.

I have tried running Acronis without the update with no avail.

Hoever loading Acronis in trial mode, pre-update version, and then entering the product code, hey presto it works. I haven`t tried to update it in case things go wrong again.

Can anyone shed any light or is this version of the software not Vista compatible?

Thanks.

2. franka

franka Registered Member

Having run with ver. 9611 for a couple of days and done a full and an incremental backup I have tried to download update 9770.

Although the backup appears in my account, when i try to download it I only get a blank screen.

I am now seiously thinking of ditching Acronis and going over to the competition.

Can anyone help please?

3. franka

franka Registered Member

I guess no-one knows the answer.

Have tried Acronis support but no answer.

4. fishmaster

fishmaster Registered Member

Two flakey-buggy products mixed together makes for a big headache < speaking from my own experiences with Vista 32/64 and latest ATI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.