Acronis universal restore - Base system device driver not able load

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by siripr, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siripr

siripr Registered Member

Hi All,

I am new and try to restore my laptop image to VMWare. I think, I followed all the steps on how to restore Acronis Image using Universal Restore.

I was able to restore the image and start the VM instance and everything works and i was able to browse my files and programs.

I got lot of messages the device drivers are loading and ready to use and fine, but one message says failed to load "Base System Device driver"

After some research and I thought it is related to Mass Storage driver for my Dell Optplex 755, I loaded that driver as well during the restoration process, but still the same problem.

After I reboot the VM and it crashes...

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Many Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello siripr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Products!

It would be easier for you to convert a disk image, created with the program (.tib) to a virtual disk file.
    Please read the following Public Knowledge Base article and follow the given instructions:
    1721: Adding Converted VMDK Virtual Disk to VMware Virtual Machine

Most probably the "Base System Device driver" requested by the Acronis Universal Restore is the driver for the disk controller.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

3. siripr

siripr Registered Member

Thanks a lot. I will try and let you (all) know how it goes. thanks.

4. siripr

siripr Registered Member

no luck....

I converted to vmdk and added the virtual disk, booted and searched for missing drivers ....

but, got the same message Base System Device driver... I am using vmWare 2.0.1

when I reboot, it give blue screen... with same messages mentioned in my original post...

Did anybody tried to restore the backup copy to a virtual machineo_O

Thanks a lot ....

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello siripr,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

I can suggest you to use the recovery with AUR in this case.

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Don't forget to re-create Acronis Booting Rescue Media with Acronis Universal Restore. Perform the recovery again.

Please see the article Transferring Windows to Dissimilar Hardware, it contains the step-by-step guide.

If this doesn't help, please let me know your license number via PM, I will send you an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.