Acronis Universal Restore ACPI Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikeystark, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeystark

mikeystark Registered Member

I have an image of a Windows SBS 2000 that I am trying to restore to new hardware. I am booting with the Acronis/Universal Restore Boot CD. I select the image which is connected via IDE on a hard drive. I am restoring to a Dell PE SC1425 running with a SATA RAID1. I add in the drivers for the RAID from Dell and select the Universal Retore Option. Close to the end of the image restore I get the Following Error.
    =======================
    File Not Found

File Required for device driver is not found in the specified location.

Warning! Recovery with Acronis Universal Restore was interrupted! Please read possible reasons below.

The error occurred durning Acronis Universal Restore operation for Microsoft Windows 2000 Server. One of files of driver for device ACPI Multiprocessor PC ((Standard Computers)) was not found. You can provide a new path for the missing file, skip current driver installation, or skip installation of all drivers with missing files.

File: halmacpi.dll
    =======================

I found the file by browsing to "C:\WINNT\Driver Cache\I386\halmacpi.dll" on the drive that was restored. But when I point it to this file it just finished the restore and says finished with errors. If I try and boot the Operating System I get
    ======

Windows 2000 could not start becuase the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows 2000>\system32\hal.dll

======

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikeystark,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the bootable CD created with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please describe where the drivers you specify to be used by the restored system are located. Please also explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.