Acronis TrueImage Recovery Failure!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by guest, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I am using Acronis TrueImage 8.0 build 800.

- While in the application I go to: Create Bootable Rescue Media.
    - I select FULL-VERSION to burn onto the Bootable Disc.
    - From list of devices I select: HP DVD Writer 300c 9k04
    Which is connected to my computer via a Firewire card in the back.
    - I insert a blank CD-R and click PROCEED.
    - Burner begains to burn, with lights flashing indicating it, Then when I think its finalizing the disc or something, it ejects.
    - The Acronis TrueImage Rescue Media Builder application displays a
    message saying BURNING FAILED.
    - I have even tried using the failed Discs to boot from, and I only get a black screen with a cursor like symbol flashing, and the cdrom trying to read the disc.
    - When Burned discs are viewed within ISOBuster, it does indicate it has data on it, and it IS in fact burned as a bootable Disc, though I do not know if it finished burning it, or did not finalize something.

Maybe my External Firewire Drive is not compatable?
    (The drive is capable of USB, but only as USB 1.1, which is why I dont use)

Notes:

I've tried BOTH blank CD-R and CD-RW, still same thing happens.

SYSTEM SPECS:
    Intel Pendium 3 1Ghz
    520MB Ram
    160GB 8MB 7200Rpm Maxtor
    Windows XP Professional (SP1) w/ All latest updates.

----------------------------------
    Second problem.

I have a 160GB Drive partitioned 3 ways as the following:
    C: 10GB
    D: 25GB
    E: 125GB

- I created a 4GB "Acronis Secure Zone" on Partition E:
    - I created a a Image of Drive C: which was ~3.8GB
    - Stored Image within "Acronis Secure Zone" on E:
    - Within Acronis TrueImage, I Activated "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager."
    - When I reboot machine, it refuses to display anything giving me the option to push F11 to start Recovery Manager, rather just booting directly into Windows XP.
    - I have tried to recreate and retry this whole thing, still nothing.
    - Is windows XP SP1 not supported ?

- What I need to be able to do, is recover a system that is unable to boot into windows.
    - Another thing, is it possible to BURN the whole data directory of Acronis True Image onto a CD, and load that from DOS by means of a Windows Bootdisc. Then within DOS have it read from Secure Zone and restore disc?
    - If thats possible that would be great, as i can just burn the data using Ahead Nero or something other Burning software.

LASTLY:
    ---------
    Is it possible to get a list of the files that are needed on the Bootable Recovery Media. I Wouldn't mind trying to create one myself manually using other software.

2. guest

guest Guest

Ok I was able to Fix the first problem mentioned above.

The problem lies in the finalization of the Recovery CD by Acronis True Image.

Apparently Acronis TI will not does not finalize the Disks with the mentioned External Firewire Burner above, or atleast tries to and fails, resulting it the error message that shows up thats mentioned above.

Solution:
    ---------
    After burning the Acronis Recovery CD, and getting the error message, resulting in a non functional, bootable disc, I verified it was not finalized successfully from the beginning by trying to start a multi-session disc in Nero Burning Rom.
    - I started a Empty Session and set Nero to finalize afterwards.
    - The result - A FULLY working, bootable Acronis Recovery Disc.

So from this, I hope the Acronis Developers can come up with a solution for getting the software to Finalize the Disc, That would Make things SO much simpilar!

As far the second Problem from first post, still have havn't figured that problem out.

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Use the Bootable Rescue CD

No. However, Acronis is working on a plug-in for BartPE. It's not ready yet. Until then, you'll need to use the Full version linux-based rescue-CD. Or the dos-based Safe Mode version of the rescue cd.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

After you activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager you should see the string that asks you to press F11 key when the computer starts up. Probably due to high performance of your computer this strings blinks too fast and it is hard to notice it. Please try to press F11 key several times after the PCI device listing and let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.