Acronis TrueImage-incremental backup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by mistycat, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

When scheduling an incremental backup, is it necessary to have my pc password protected? The reason I ask is when prompted for a pw when not pw protected, I receive the message that the backup may not succeed. However, the backuo completes successfully and can be verified. When I tried to use that backup recently, it didn't work. Thankyou

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Mistycat,

Sorry, I just saw your question.
    I'm afraid I don't have the answer (still using version 6 :oops: ).

Try to post your question also at the DSLR-software-forum (lots of experienced users of TI there):
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sware

And of course you could always email Acronis Support.

3. mistycat

Will do. Thankyou

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Mistycat,

DP replied to your posting at DSLR:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9403819~mode=flat

Quoting DP:

I have not used the scheduling feature for incremental dumps but I think you may have stumbled onto a bug. I just tried to schedule one and as you see in the graphic, it says the image I selected is password protected when in fact it wasn't. I am concerned though that you went through the image dump and was not able to restore it. Send an email to support@acronis.com explaining what happened and that you were not able to restore after scheduling the task. I also will send them one about it identifying a previous image as password protected when it isn't.

- End quote -

Big thanks to DP ! :)

Mistycat,
    Please keep us informed if you get a reply from Acronis Support ;)

Cheers, Jan.

5. mistycat

Just a note to say I have heard from Acronis and that there will be a short delay in their response due to recent releases. Also, I no longer seem to be able to schedule incremental backups successfully without my pc being pw protected which is fine as long as I know that.

6. mistycat

The reply I just received from Acronis was to update and that a backup doesn't need to be pw protected. However, backups fail unless I enter user which isn't the pc name. Great forum. Thanks

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Doesn't this update fix it for you:

http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/

Acronis TrueImage 7 build 595

Release date: February 24, 2004

Changes:

* User interface fixes
    * User's guide updates
    * Image password handling fixes
    * OS/2 partitions backup fixes
    * Icons handling fixes
    * "Activate" option in "Activate Startup Recovery" wizard added
    * Network fixes
    * Drive letter assignment fixes

8. mistycat

No, but thanks. Unless I change my pc name to user, scheduled backups fail. No other name will work but I no longer seem to need my pc pw protected. Maybe it was never a pw issue. Acronis answered today and is on this. Thanks again

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

10. mistycat

I'm not sure but I believe the problems are contained to incremental backups. A password on the Image Archive seems to work fine for me. I have always pw protected my images, so I don't know. My problem is when I try to create an image with a pc name other than user, a box appears that says the login info is not correct, do I wish to proceed{the info is correct but I changed the pc name to user anyway} The backup schedules successfully and fails on implementation but not if I have user as the pc name. If that is the only problem. I'll just keep the name as user but I shouldn't have to. Thanks

11. mistycat

Well, I just heard from a different individual at Acronis regarding my last e-mail of Feb.27 who stated that I don't need a password{they already told me that}, what happened is impossible and with a link to their online purchases{I am already a registered user} Man, am I po'ed but I still think it's a great product. I'll just change my pc name and make my own incremental backups. Still, I wish I knew if it was on my end or theirs. Scheduled backups fail with the message:LOGON FAILURE;UNKNOWN USER NAME OR BAD PASSWORD. If I enter user{when the logon name is not user} ,all is well.Is there somewhere other than user names to enter a logon name? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.