Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.0.3534 Tests

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zeno2, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeno2

Zeno2 Registered Member

First, for the first time I WARMLY RECOMMEND Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.0.3534, very reliable, stable, fast, with many more extras compared to Power Quest (Symantec) LiveState Recovery 3.0 (2 years old).

I can definitely say that I can say good-bye to my old trustful LiveState Recovery 3.0 , and jump full of confidence in the future with Acronis.

At least, after years, Acronis is a real winner!
    Now to tests:

Equipment: Pentium 4 - 3,2 Ghz (Prescott), Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, 1024 MB (2x512) PC400 DDR (Samsung), WD Raptor 36 GB 10000 rpm (for Windows XP Pro SP2 Volume Licence), 2x Seagate 200GB SATA, C partition alone on Raptor (5,72 GB occupied).

1. Imaging from Windows as TIB file on NTFS partition situated on SATA. Image size 5,72 GB (no compression) , time 2min 41 sec

2. Imaging from Windows on Acronis Secure Zone (FAT32) on SATA.
    Image size 5,72 GB (no compression), time 4 min 49 sec.
    Acronis is faster on NTFS than on FAT32.
    Otherwise I wonder why the Secure Zone is created as FAT32, instread of NTFS.

3. Imaging from Windows with LiveState Recovery 3 Desktop (2 years old) on SATA NTFS partition : 2 min 51 sec on NTFS partition situated at the beginning of the HDD, 3 min 12 sec on NTFS partition situated in the middle of the HDD.

4. Restore pressing F11 during boot.

5. Restore using created bootable CD.

Chosed also Validate Image (CRC integrity checking). Time : 4 min 55 sec Validate, 4 min 53 sec Restore, from TIB image on NTFS.

Restore in both case 4. as well as 5. went perfectly, OS is ..still bootable.

So, conclusion is clear: use Acronis with confidence.

PS - restore with Symantec LiveState Recovery took longer, because the boot and initialization is much longer, here Acronis rules clearly!

I was a very harsh Acronis criticizer in the past, but now I must admit that latest version of TI Workstation works as expected and ouperforms clearly Symantec LiveState Recovery.

2. noway

noway Registered Member

Haven't tried TI in few years. I was just wondering...if you mount an image and then dismount it and then go to your (Windows) Event Viewer, are there any True Image errors or warnings listed in the Application or System tabs?

3. Zeno2

Zeno2 Registered Member

Yes.

There're errors. See attached pic

Attached Files:

• err1.JPG
      err1.JPG
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  4. rbmorse

rbmorse Registered Member

Because the self-booting recovery CD runs the machine under Linux. Linux can read/write to a FAT32 file system but not NTFS. Windows can handle both, hence the reason for making the Secure Zone a FAT32 partition.

5. rdenny

rdenny Registered Member

6. mangray

mangray Registered Member

Hi

When I use the Recovery CD its also a linux Version and my second
    drive have NTFS and he can write very good on it!!

nice day
    mangray

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The major cause of Acronis Secure Zone being FAT32 formatted is that NTFS can not be recognized under Windows 98 which is officially supported by Acronis True Image 9.0. The other reason is that NTFS has it own very complicated system of permissions while FAT32 simpler in this regard and therefore more convenient for hiding a partition setting our own set of permissions which does not allow the access to Acronis Secure Zone to any applications other than Acronis True Image. There are several more specific reasons which I'm afraid I can not post on an open forum.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.