Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dysthymia, Aug 10, 2004.

1. megadave

megadave Guest

Re: Wish-list thread

HI,

i would like to have fully support IOMEG REV medias for
    making them bootable and the ability to get them in automatic
    mode.

thx from germany

2. Jens Doose

Jens Doose Guest

First: TrueImage is a great product!

Here's my wishlist for future versions:
    * feature has been already requested.
    * Support for variables in the image file name like %DAY%, %MONTH%, etc.
    So it would be possible to create several images with one task without modifying the task.

Jens

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2005
  3. iansmith

iansmith Registered Member

Yes, I do realise this can be done, and have considered it.

However, it has a serious limitation in that you need to have at a minimum 4 times as much storage to do the above plan.

I have a 250GB drive that has over 200GB of data on it. I have a 2nd 250GB drive I use for my daily backups. To do a 28 day rolling backup manually I would need to add three more drives. At $200 a drive, plus an extra controller card for some machines. I have two other computers for co-workers on the same setup, so thats a good $1800 in hardware!

So for me, having it built in is the only feasable solution. It would make my day. :)

4. sandersja

sandersja Registered Member

True Image Corporate Feature Requests

It appears as though the wish list thread hasn't been utilized in awhile. I am running TI 8.0 corporate on my XP systems and TI 7.0 Server on a 2003 Domain Controller.

Feature requests/bugfixes for TI 8:

- feature has been already requested
    - Ability to view the installed agent version on remote PC's, either when connected to a remote PC and/or perhaps an "agent query" that would show agent versions installed on all online TI clients.

- Ability to update agent on multiple clients at the same time. Perhaps a query like requested above that would show all client versions, perhaps even auto-select out of date clients and then allow them all to be updated.

- Lower cost for TI Server (full or upgrade). I have been running TI 7.0 on my server for quite some time now as I can't commit to the hefty price tag ($600 for the 8.0 Enterprise upgrade I believe). I have even started looking at alternate solutions because of the TI cost.

Regards,

James

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2005
  5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

My Wish List For Next Version Of True Image:
    1. feature has been already requested.
    2. feature has been already requested.
    3. A Notify Option To Let you know When New Updates are available. (Within True Image) - feature has been already requested
    4. feature has been already requested.
    5. Give True Image Ability To Manage The Backup Images Simular To The Way It Does With The Secure Zone Exception Of The Full Image,If True Image Could Delete The Full Image If A Full Image Exists When Creating A Full Image To The Secure Zone Or If Not,Give A Option To Delete,Replace Or A New Image To Be Created In The Secure Zone,When Creating A Full Image In The Secondary Drive,True Image Will Replace The Image if it has the Same Name.
    6. If Acronis Could Add The Ability To Be Able To Create A Manual Schedule To The Boot CD,In The Windows True Image If You Create A Schedule And Add All Your Program Names In Comments And Then Save The Schedule But With: Do Not Start Automatically And When You Want To Create A Full Image With The Same Name,You Just Start The Saved Schedule For the full Image Which has all the program names inserted in The comments box,If The Boot CD Could have something simular,maybe A Saved Full Image Task Using A Wizard.This would be grat for people that choose not to install true image in windows but only want to create the boot CD.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  6. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

I think it would be very productive to have TI provide a size option when imaging directly to DVD. Currently, the only time TI allows a specified file size is when image is being made to a hard drive. This feature would allow the user to fully utilize a DVD by specifying a file size of 1492MB. Three of these would fit on 1 DVD.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I can't see a real benefit in this. When imaging direct to DVD, TI will fill each disk to capacity before prompting for the next DVD.

Regards

8. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

I'd like to see something that I requested back in version 6.x:

1. A throughput indicator (KB/Sec, MB/Sec, MB/Sec, MB/Min, whatever...) during the backup and restore process. (When I requested this, I was told that I could use a calculator to figure it out...) I really don't want to use a calculator, I want TrueImage to show this information. That way, I can tell if I have a 10/100 or a gigabit card in a system, if there are autonegotiation issues, if there are network related slowdowns, etc. This shouldn't be all that difficult. This is the one issue that makes me want to go back to Ghost. (At least earlier versions of Ghost had this feature. I haven't used the latest versions...)

9. Cheesy

Cheesy Guest

Does Acronis have a bandwidth throlling utility.

10. Peter Vanlint

Peter Vanlint Registered Member

Personally, I would be unhappy about jbmoar's requested item:

2 Ability To Add Incremental Images Directly To The Full Image So You Have Only One Image.​

I think that this has the potential of turning a good image into a corrupt image, especially for those of us who backup onto CD.

11. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Here's one for ya Acronis:
    • Fix ATI so that it can be used with USB hubs that have hard drives hanging off them - when in non-windows recovery mode, it always bombs with my adaptec hubs. I wind up recabling during the reboot to get it too work.
    • feature has been already requested
    • faster/better compression and completly accurate estimates. currently it can be off my gigabytes!?! - feature has been already requested
    • i wish that everyone at Acronis is happy, as they produced the only backup progam that works and that i trust.
    Thanks,
    jigs

12. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

My Wish List For Next Version Of Acronis True Image:

Secure Zone Changes Or Updates Suggested >
    • Ability To Save Secure Zone Image Backups To A External Device,2nd Hard Drive,CD-R(W) Etc. At A Later Date. - feature has been already requested
    • Ability To Delete Secure Zone Image Backups Manually. - feature has been already requested
    • Ability To Remove Full Size Image Automatically The Moment The Next Full Size Image Is Created Or A Option That Is Set When You Start True Image And It Reaches A Set # Of Full Images Then It Deletes All But The Current.
    Scheduled Task Changes Or Updates Suggested >
    • Abilty To Use Windows Schedule Task Or Acronis Schedule By Turning Acronis Schedule On Or Off By Click Of A Button.
    Bootable Rescue Media >
    • Ability To Create Full Mode And Safe Mode On The Same CD
    • When Updating The Rescue Media,The Rescue Media Installer Can Detect If A Earlier Build Is Already On The CD And If So It Will Automatically Erase The CD-RW By Selecting Yes And When Finished It Will Then Create The New Updated Rescue CD.
    True Image Installer >
    True Image Create Image >
    • Ability To Show More Details About The Progress > File(s) Being Copied,%Done And % To Finish,Amount Of File(s)Copied
    • When Start True Image Create Imnage > Ability To Use A saved Comments Description. - feature has been already requested
    • Ability To Choose Certain Programs To Not Backup > Windows Is Selected Automatically.
    True Image Main Screen >
    • Ability To Create Or Restore A Image Within Windows Or If Not Ability To Use Progress Of Options Chosen On Next Re-Boot So Options Do Not Need To Be Chosen All Over Again

13. DS-MP

DS-MP Guest

plugins that would allow TrueImage to interface with other backup tools.

Tivoli / Netbackup / Others to help increase its market.

14. Aket

Aket Guest

An inexpensive (or free or bulk licence with server) reader that can explore/mount drive images but not do backups or restores, purpose to be able to include on cds or dvds holding backup images of user data partitions where user wants to be able to pop cd/dvd in their computer and go look for foo and bar files that they want back now.

15. a nice guy

a nice guy Guest

This thread is a headache to read.
    Please make it into a forum instead, where all the "wishes" gets posted as a separate post.

16. x64 Guy

x64 Guy Guest

How about AMD XP Pro x64bit version of the application? As it stands I know of no currently available solutions for x64 platform from anyone else and being a long time Ghost user and a new Acronis soon to be convert I would love to purchase this product if it would run on my XP x64. - feature has been already requested

17. Jeff7

Jeff7 Registered Member

Give another vote for the direct-to-DVD writing capability. This also must be an option available when using the Rescue Boot CD. - feature has been already requested

18. pomoxp

pomoxp Registered Member

I usually use TI on english and french keyboards, but as you know : characters are not same placed.

So I would like that TI bootable CD :
    - manage different keyboard (automatically or by option menu)

And please don't answer there is a french localized version of TI. I know that but I prefer to have an english software with no spelling mistakes, no mistranslation. :D

Thanks,
    Pascal

19. fliersrr

fliersrr Registered Member

I would like to see a book come with the software that explains each type of burning procedures for each type of media.
    I would like to see a step by step example of each media Image burn. I have had a real easy time making a CDR media backup image. But I have had a very hard time getting DVD+RW to burn, but finally did it after days of trying. I still have not been able to come up with a DVD+R burn. A nice thick book with examples would be appreciated. Thank you.

20. um02122

um02122 Registered Member

1.Suport for VIA 6410 IDE RAID controller (drivers could be found on asus site - p4p800 deluxe mainboard and in viaarena website)
    2.Full control of secure zone - feature has been already requested

21. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Support For PS/2 Mouse - Compaq CPQ200ID Model: M850

Would Be Great To Have Support For My mouse For True Image 8 - Home/Office Version (Windows And Rescue CD), This Is Needed For True Image 8 And Disk Director Suite (Both Programs Need Better Support For My PS/2 Compaq Mouse)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  22. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

Feature Request: Show progress indicator in the trayicon (similar like in WINRAR - feature was implemented

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2005
  23. ssswww

ssswww Guest

I hunger for the image file can be full accessed !!
    for security, the soft can use some special option and browser to do it.

24. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Guest

I would like to see True Image display the partition number as well as the drive number, and preferably display the partitions in physical order.

This may have been requested before, but it should already be a standard feature of the software as it is so important.

I often have multiple boot partitions restored from the same image, and thus the same name, when testing new software installations and debugging. Without the partition number it is really hard to tell which "Windows XP" partition I want to backup or restore. You can't always change the name of every partition while working on a system.

25. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Scheduling is kind oi retarded, why NOT fix it? Then we can schedule several incremental images per day. - feature has been already requested

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.