Acronis True Image v9.0! This Is Of Beta Quality For Sure !!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xion, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xion

Xion Registered Member

I have read through all the threads and tested this softare on all builds. I am not trying to put anyone down, however, I am a graduate of MIT. There is most definitely a problem with this specific version 9.0. There are NO memory problems as one person mentioned. This software needs some serious issue addressing as many loyal paying customers are the victim of a at best alpha program releae. ~snipped unnecessary comment dog~ Your company took a perfectly working prior version and totally screwed it up to charge more money, and give nothing in return but a bad cosmetic result. Get with it Acronis and be loyal to your customers and face the truth, you made a very premature release. This is obvious as I am sure everyone is not using the same computer, however, the compalints are all very simiular in nature. You sure ran me and and I am sure thousands of others from trusting your products for some time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xion,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience and our delayed responce.

In a couple of days we are releasing a new build of Acronis True Image 9.0, that should solve the problems of previous builds.

However if you'll experience any problems with our software, please contact our technical support team with the details and they will solve your problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Fedotov

3. bm2

bm2 Guest

LOL i agree whith you i pay 50$ to become a beta tester for acronis im back on version 8_and have licence for TI 9 and my last TI version going back to ghost 2003....

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I "only" went to Penn State and I had this all figured out by September 23rd ! So did dozens of other people here.:rolleyes:
    :D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  5. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

"In a couple of days we are releasing a new build of Acronis True Image 9.0, that should solve the problems of previous builds."

Let me guess:

Better Hardware Support.
    Gui Fixes.

The many issues that surround Version 9, and the many issues that surrounded Version 8 when it was first was released, is why I continue to use Version 7. I still do not understand why Acronis continues to charge for incremental, bug-ridden upgrades.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

This is without a doubt one of the most disappointing traits of the Acronis product management. If I have a problem with my current version, do I want to risk downloading a different one (which I have no confidence in at that point) if I don't know for sure that it fixes my outstanding issues.

Either the list of bugs fixed for a particular build, exists somewhere or it doesn't. If it doesn't then it suggests there are even more problems in the Acronis quality procedures and philosophies than I first guessed. If it does exist - why not publish it.

If the real answer is that you think the list is too long and complicated for us because you have tested it against 18000 different types of hard drivecontrollers, please think again, we can do long lists of useful information.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When aprogram performs its fundamental task but does so with realtively minor misbehaviors or errors in appearance, action, or data handling, that's a bug.

When program fails to be able to perform its fundamental task, that isn't a bug, it's a critical failure.

I really like TI when it's working, but there have been so many builds in the last six months and so many of those have introduced new bugs and more importantly, introduced versions that fail critically, I simply can't recommend the program to my customers and friends any more. The risks of data loss are too high and it's all too embarassing.

I came to TI after suffering the abject critical failure of Norton Ghost to provide me restorable backups. I wish at least one of you would spend more time before the releases, list the known issues as they come up, and greatly reduce the number of builds -- Or at least have an automatic "check for updates built in the prog." I can't tell customers to go check for new builds every few weeks, especially if the build is as likely to cause a new (possibly critical) problem as fix an old one.

Well, at least Acronis has forums where a person can get some help.
    Still,as many have opined, there has to be a better way to make and market software.

8. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

I agree 100%! I seriously doubt that there are any TrueImage users who can't understand something a little more in depth than, "Gui Fixes" or "Better Hardware Support". And I for one would like to know exactly what problems are being fixed in each build, before deciding whether to install it, or not. It is practically inconceivable to me that Acronis' internal bug tracking system isn't more in depth than the release notes that we end users get. If the system they use is really as inadequate as it appears to be, you could end up releasing a product prematurely, with many hidden bugs introduced in the "enhancement" process, and have to subsequently issue tens of builds to correct problems that were introduced in the "fixing" process. Hmmm....

9. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

:eek:
    Oh my !

10. Okiedokie

Okiedokie Guest

Whilst not doubting all the complaints all I can say is v9 and v8 worked OK for me for backing up drives to images and restoring. Have no need for folder backup

3 ide drives 2 sata drives plus USB drive in IDE enclosure XPSp2 1gig RAM P4 3.2

Particularly like auto verify in v9 when backing up drives.

Had occasional verify errors in early versions of 8 but a memtest showed dodgy memory. Replaced 1 gig mem- memtested OK and have had no problems since with verify errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.