Acronis True Image Server with Universal Restore bootable CD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by piotrpawl, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piotrpawl

piotrpawl Registered Member

Hi All,

I have been trying to use my Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows (build 8115, the latest one) with a new upgrade to Universal Restore option.

I created a bootable CD to start the system with to make an image and then to restore it to a virtual machine running on Windows 2008 Hyper-V.

Unfortunately I can not restore the image to my virtual machine.

The CD starts Acronis loader but I can not choose to start Full or Safe version. The keyboard and mouse don't work at all.

I tried pressing F11 during the boot up procedure and I got a prompt to enter linux kernel command line, but the same problem - I can not type anything nor press Enter!

I had the same problem some time ago I received a link to a different version of the bootable CD. Unfortunately this time I can not use the CD as it is without Universal Restore add-on.

Could you help me with the issue please?

Thanks,
    Piotr

2. kobi78

kobi78 Registered Member

Yes, this is a big problem from Acronis True Image. There are faults again and again and Acronis isn't able to fix it for ever. Take a newer or older Version and it works (perhaps).

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello piotrpawl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (8163) of both Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please submit a request to our Support Team with a description of the problem. We will provide you with a bootable media that uses a different bootloader. Alternatively, send us a Private Message with your serial numbers for Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows and the respective Acronis Universal Restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. kobi78

kobi78 Registered Member

Now works the Recovery CD in the actuall ATIES 9.5.8163.

But remember, normaly it should works ever, without this problems again and again. There are so many new Acronis versions, i don't like to have fear if the recovery CD is working or not. Now I use BartPe, this works faster and it works!

By the way, I made a Recovery CD also with ADDS 2169 and it works together with the ATIES Recovery Files on the same CD great. My last ADDS/ATIES 9.5.8115 doesn't work (ADDS are not working, ATIES 9.5.8115 also not working). Now it works both (ADDS 2169 and ATIES 8163).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.