Acronis True Image Restore - NOT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theslaz1234, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theslaz1234

theslaz1234 Registered Member

Been faithfully backing up my system for about 2 years. Finally got to the stage where I could use a good restore as my system was not running up to snuff after a failed Norton Ghost installation. Ran the restore program from the disk I made with Acronis. After about 6 hours of basically doing nothing; the program finally told me that the archive was corrupt and it could not restore. Exit! Now I have no operating system just a pretty silver box sitting on the floor purring away.
    Not Happy to say the least!

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

More than likely the backup is good, it's probably a hardware related problem. There's many ways around this, you can use your recovery cd and place your new drive in an external usb enclosure and try restoring it from a different computer.

You don't mention if you used the bartpe plugin which might work better on your hardware.

I've only encountered 1 image backup that true image flagged as corrupt, and I was eventually able to restored it, which lead me to believe it was a hardware problem after all.

I have encounter numerous problems with true image, but "actual" corrupt images is very rare, especially if your original backup completed with no errors.

3. theslaz1234

theslaz1234 Registered Member

Just finished installing windows from my Compaq Rescue Disk. Everything is working fine; therefore; me thinks it is not a hardware problem. Will try again to do a restore. Will soon find out what the out come is. If Acronis doesn't come through; I have another older backup made via "Backup plus". One of them should work.
    One shouldn't have to go through this bullshit! It should be cut and dry!!

Not happy!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello theslaz1234,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If backup archive can be validated successfully then make sure that you are using the same version of Acronis True Image to restore it. Acronis do provide one-step back compatibility but the best way to use the same version for restore.

Also if you restore the image from external drive try to copy that image to another storage and retry restore as the issue may be related to hardware.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.