Acronis True Image Rescue Bootable Media CD or DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TryBackup, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TryBackup

TryBackup Registered Member

I resently purchased TI 9.0 and downloaded the most recent 3677 build. I then created the TI Rescue boot disk. I had an experience that others may be having as well and because I found a solution, I wanted to write.

I initially burned the rescue boot program to a DVD+R disk. I found that when I booted with this disk in my main PC that has the DVD burner, the TI Splash screen (the screen I saw right after selecting the Full Version) stayed on the screen for about 3 minutes. However, booting with this disk in my secondary PC (almost the same as the main PC except this one has a drive in it that has a read-only DVD and CD RW), the splash screen only stayed on the screen for 1 minute.

What I did was to create a new TI Rescue boot disk, but this time I burned it to a CD-RW disk. When I boot with the CD-RW boot disk in either PC, the splash screen is on the screen for only 1 minute.

I do not know why the DVD TI Rescue disk took 2 minutes longer to boot in my main PC. Maybe all I had was a bad burn to the DVD, but I wanted to share this with the group, just in case anyone else is having the same expereince.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TryBackup,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home before and therefore cannot suggest you an immediate solution or workaround.

If you want us to investigate the problem then please do the following:

- Boot your "main" computer from Bootable Rescue DVD and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Boot your "main" computer from Bootable Rescue CD and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) once more;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

- Rename the files collected to sysinfo_DVD.txt and sysinfo_CD.txt accordingly;

Please also provide us with the following information:

- How much time does it take exactly to boot from Bootable Rescue DVD?

- How much time does it take exactly to boot from Bootable Rescue CD?

- Try booting from Bootable Rescue DVD with "acpi=off noapic" parameter (see Acronis Help Post for details) and inform us about the result;

- Did you use the same hardware device (DVD-ROM) for booting from both Bootable Rescue CD and Bootable Rescue DVD?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the collected files and information in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. TryBackup

TryBackup Registered Member

Acronis Support,

Thank you for writing. However, I simply created my Rescue Boot Disk with a CD rather than a DVD. I really do not know what happened. Maybe the boot disk recording did not go well with the DVD. Or maybe there was something wrong with the DVD. Whatever the reason was for the CD boot disk being able to move beyond the TI splash screen sooner, since noone else has written to say that they had a similar experience, it is possible that my experience was unique. Since my solution was a simple one, I will just continue using the CD boot disk I created and move on. Since my post provided a solution, should anyone else run into this problem in the future they will be able to see my post and quickly resolve the problem by using a CD to record the TI Rescue Boot Disk files, instead of a DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.