Acronis true image remote agent not connectable (hangs)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BELRpR, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

Hi,

I a long time acronis user.
    I primairly used it at home to create snapshot of my freshly installed pc using a bartpe.

My co-worker would like to implement acronis true image for our servers.
    I must give a demo to our board of directors about some of it functionalities.

So my collegue gave me some trial versions. I installed a remote agent on a pc (Windows XP SP3, NOD32) then I installed the management console on my laptop.

But when I connects to the pc running the agents it just hangs.
    If I give a wrong password I gives me a message that my credentials arent't alright.

Build is: 8.072

I've read a solution about changing a name of a dll of the remote agent but that didn't worked either.

Any help/input is appreciated!

2. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

Ok I download the latest build 8.076 and still the same problem.
    Tried the latest build on my laptop. I install the management console on my laptop and installed the agent on my laptop. It worked fine but can't connect to the agent. Noone else experience this problem?

3. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

Nobody has an awnser for it?
    I can't buy the product if it don't work. 10000€ is a lot of money for a business with just 50 employees.

I am getting desperate! :'(

4. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

I little update. Found the problem but don't have a good solution.
    The problem is nod32. As long as nod32 is installed it don't work. After uninstalling NOD32 it works fine. But I need to uninstall nod32 for it to work.

Anyone know a solution how I can keep both?

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I’m not familiar with NOD32, but I see it “proactively detects and eliminates more viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, phishing, rootkits and other Internet threats …”.
    I would first look for any ‘auto’ settings and turn them off. Then try and see if any NOD32 windows pop up that allow you to flag TI as an allowable app.

6. BELRpR

BELRpR Registered Member

I fixed it by removing the "ag_echo_fconnect.dll" file from the c:\program files\common files\acronis\agent

Renaming the file won't work. I had to remove it from the directory. Or completely remove nod32. Stopping it wouldn't work. I already contacted nod32 about this and hope a solution to the problem soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.