Acronis True Image Personal disc error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andrew Hird, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Hird

Andrew Hird Registered Member

hi, I have tried to do a full C drive back up to DVD but it says time taken is 2 days!! Should it take this long??

Regards

Andrew

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know what version (build) of Acronis True Image you use? Did you try to create the image backup from Acronis Bootable CD? What is the size of your hard drive? What informatiom do you store on it?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Andrew Hird

Andrew Hird Registered Member

Hi the version I am using is 8PE. My hard drive is 80GB and the size of the backup file is approx 15gb. I am trying to save backup to DVD RW. I have successfully created the backup cd.

If i try to save to DRD R, i get write errors and the backup stops after 2 of the 3 disks have been written to.

Do i need to switch of antivirus, firewall etc

Regards

Andrew

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrew,

Please be aware that you should have an appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs should be properly UDF formatted according to this FAQ article.

Please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Make a screen shot of the error message.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.