Acronis True Image Mangement Console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ronster, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronster

ronster Registered Member

I have tested version 9.1 Enterprise Server 3534, 5 workstations connect through remote agent, 1 workstation (windows 2000) does connect to the agent but the screen "freezes" and the workstation can't be backupped.
    No Antivirus or firewall just "freezes" while another similar windows 2000 workstation just connects fine.
    There are no logs so i can't figure out what goes wrong.

Anyone found a solution for this strange problem?

Furthermore when a backup is canceled the backup just continuous??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ronster,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please create Windows System Information of your Windows 2000 workstation and the server where Acronis Management Console is installed as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. ronster

ronster Registered Member

This ia a standard answer from Acronis!!
    Please update to ... etc...

If i can connect to 4 other pc's, 3 with windows xp and 1 with windows 2000 an upgrade probably won't fix the problem and it's very time consuming.

Only 1 pc with windows 2000 can't be connected through the console, it has no firewall and antivirus is turned off!!
    The similar Pc connects fine, has the same 3com nic and also windows 2000.

It's a pitty Acronis does not provide a log but just freezes on the server, this may never happen on an server!!!

Reading the forum Acronis has a lot of problems to fix before we actually buy this software!!

So far no solution...........

4. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Howdy,

I was having very similar problems to the OP...

I received a suggestion from Tech Support that solved the problem:

"To resolve the problem you should remove the ag_fconnect.dll file from the remote machine where Acronis True Image Agent is installed.

The ag_fconnect.dll file should be removed from the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent

Note also if there is Acronis Backup Server or Acronis Group Server installed on the same machine with the problematic Acronis True Image Agent, than the described solution will prevent them from proper functioning.

It is better not to delete the ag_fconnect.dll file, but to move to a different location (i.e different folder)."

I hope that this information is of use...

All the best,

Kenneth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.